Redmi 3s stuck in fastboot loop, even EDL not working

Egon Bar

Members
Feb 3, 2024
Was trying to flash custom ROM on old 3s. Unlocking with MiUnlock worked well (somehow the phone was not wiped in the process? Maybe because it did it from AMD PC?), flashing Lineage OS 20 worked w/o error, but instead of rebooting to system it reboots to fastboot. I tried different recoveries (lineage recover, TWRP), always the same: Asfer flashing I could boot into recovery or bootloader, but not into system. DM.verity issue? Then I tried to go back to stock rom with Miflash. The flash worked w/o error, but again instead of system it boots into bootloader, and now it is stuck in a loop (reboots every 15 secs). I can go back to recovery with volume/power keys, but the recovery says "different operating system loaded" (or similar), and goes back to fastboot within 5 secs. Tried EDL (now on an Intel PC), no error message, but the phone stays stuck in fastboot loop. 15 secs is not enough to flash anything lenghty so I have no idea what might be wrong nor how to unbrick the device. Any ideas or help much appreciated..