Help Installing Rom

nadavv

Members
Nov 18, 2016
Hi, i have a new redmi pro, trying to install the eu ROM unsuccessfully till now.
My phone arrived with a custom ROM (a screenshot attached).
It seems like the phone arrived with the bootloader unlocked (and correct me if i wrong) as when i execute "fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability" i get "true".
Therefore, i thought it would suffice to flash TWRP and install the ROM.
I flashed TWRP, but As people told me the phone may get bricked, I decided to "do it right" (install the chinese dev ROM, request for an approval and unlock bootloader, and install the new ROM).
Iv'e got the approval to unlock the bootloader, but now i have the following problem:

When i try to update to the chinese dev ROM with the updater, i get the error "can't verify update".
I thought to try flashing with SP flash tool, but didn't find a fastboot ROM for redmi pro.

How should i continue from here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-18-14-06-12-014_com.android.settings[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-11-18-14-06-12-014_com.android.settings[1].png
    127.2 KB · Views: 353
Reactions: Morvarid
You DO NOT NEED a dev rom for unlocking. And also You Cannot flash a official package with recovery...you will always get that msg. Simply just install neded drivers (use windows 7 64bit machine or win xp) go to fastboot, download the mi unlock tool and hook up ur phone and it should work. Then just follow the instructions on how to install TWRP and it should work.
Personal Advise: Use stable xiaomi.eu rom for Redmi Pro. The other weekly roms have a real battery drainage problem and until it is fixed..stay away from weekly

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Morvarid
Can you unlock the bootloader and then install xiaomi.eu rom even if you have a custom rom from the seller ? Or do you need to go back to an original rom to do this ?

You DO NOT NEED a dev rom for unlocking. And also You Cannot flash a official package with recovery...you will always get that msg. Simply just install neded drivers (use windows 7 64bit machine or win xp) go to fastboot, download the mi unlock tool and hook up ur phone and it should work. Then just follow the instructions on how to install TWRP and it should work.
Personal Advise: Use stable xiaomi.eu rom for Redmi Pro. The other weekly roms have a real battery drainage problem and until it is fixed..stay away from weekly

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
Are you sure I can do this with a custom Rom?
When I try to unlock, I get the message "Couldn't verify device, No need to unlock this device"...
I don't know if this really means my bootloader is unlocked....