Help Needed To Flash Rom

Aaah thanks I will try this once my phone is unlocked :)
Don't you get it? You can do the steps I explained above, without the need to unlock your phone. Even worse, you NEED to do the steps above BEFORE you can unlock your bootloader....

The whole point is this first flash the phone official rom (yes with bootloader locked), before you can unlock the bootlocker.. I know it sounds strange. But there is a different between an official rom (from MIUI itselfs) and custom rom (like xiaomi.eu --> not official rom).

I feels a bit tricky to do, since you can never go back to this vendor rom... but yeah that is life.

Last edited:
Don't you get it? You can do the steps I explained above, without the need to unlock your phone. Even worse, you NEED to do the steps above BEFORE you can unlock your bootloader....

The whole point is this first flash the phone official rom (yes with bootloader locked), before you can unlock the bootlocker.. I know it sounds strange. But there is a different between an official rom (from MIUI itselfs) and custom rom (like xiaomi.eu --> not official rom).

I feels a bit tricky to do, since you can never go back to this vendor rom... but yeah that is life.

But is says in your step-to-step:
  1. Fill-in the request form to unlock the bootlocker at: en.miui.com /unlock (it took 3 days I think before I got an approval back)
  2. Be sure you use the same Mi Account for unlocking request (step 2) as when logging in into your device using the same Mi Account.

But is says in your step-to-step:
  1. Fill-in the request form to unlock the bootlocker at: en.miui.com /unlock (it took 3 days I think before I got an approval back)
  2. Be sure you use the same Mi Account for unlocking request (step 2) as when logging in into your device using the same Mi Account.

Correct, ok you are right. You can either wait when you got the approval. When do the flashing and stuff. Or you can already do all the steps above, until the point to unlock the bootloader. When you choose the global beta rom, you may stick with this ROM. In that case you even don't need to unlock the bootloader anymore :)..

You only need to unlock the bootloader when you want to flash an unofficial rom like from xiaomi.eu.

your help is really appreciated but im sorry to say that i still dont understand :(

- how do i backup my old rom
- which rom must i install? I want a european version with my own language supported. i want to have one thats good and that i dont have to change again
- so i unoock bootloader and then what?

i thought the phone would be good with normal functioning software, ive contacted customer service of the webshop as well and they are not helping me so far
all these things are probably very obvious to you but i am not screwing up my phone doing things i dont understand
Im a complete noob with these things, could anyone please explain in the simplest terms, step by step what I have to do?
I would be forever thankful
Hello, if you want to install a ROM eu, you must first unlock the bootloader, it is not possible without this.
When you have the bootloader unlocked you need to install TWRP recovery
Then you can install eu ROM
First you ask for the release permit, following a guide
After, when you receive SMS, make it easy here in the forum...
You speak Italian?

@danger89 And with that version I can have the google app store XD ?
Is it possible that my battery is draining pretty quickly because of the ROM I have now installed? I bought this phone because of the large battery but I am really disappointed...

@Stefano131270 I just want a ROM that functions well and has a google app store. or can have one installed XD
I dont speak italian

Is it possible that my battery is draining pretty quickly because of the ROM I have now installed? I bought this phone because of the large battery but I am really disappointed...

@Stefano131270 I just want a ROM that functions well and has a google app store. or can have one installed XD
I dont speak italian
It is not easy to answer. I always use eu rom weekly, for me the best ever. Stable eu is good rom and update only every 2 months. All these ROM have Play Store. China Stable, China Develpoer no Play Store, only Chinese and English. You have redmi 3?

It is not easy to answer. I always use eu rom weekly, for me the best ever. Stable eu is good rom and update only every 2 months. All these ROM have Play Store. China Stable, China Develpoer no Play Store, only Chinese and English. You have redmi 3?

yes I have a Redmi 3

In my case I got a really good battery actually. I also had 7.3.2.0.0. Maybe it is a hardware failure? Or you are playing 24/7 Pokemon go :p.

To answer your question about Google Play Store. Yes it does have it! The China ROM doesn't, but the Global rom do have Google Play store pre-installed. I just flashed from China develop to Global develop rom. See attachments :cool:

Attachments

• play_store.png
    play_store.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 187
  • version_redmi_3.png
    version_redmi_3.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: Stefano131270
In my case I got a really good battery actually. I also had 7.3.2.0.0. Maybe it is a hardware failure? Or you are playing 24/7 Pokemon go :p.

To answer your question about Google Play Store. Yes it does have it! The China ROM doesn't, but the Global rom do have Google Play store pre-installed. I just flashed from China develop to Global develop rom. See attachments :cool:

Really?? How long does your battery last?
Hmm whats the difference between developer and stable?

Thanks that works perfectly. I'm now running MIUI 8 (v6.7.28 Beta) on my Redmi 3 Pro.

I'm a developer myself, I can understand the trouble you go through if you aren't a developer or never did a rom flash.

NOTE:
I can't still not post links in this forum (plz admin give me the rights to do so). So remove the SPACE after '.com ' so the links do work for you!

What I did so fair is:
  1. Using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  2. Fill-in the request form to unlock the bootlocker at: en.miui.com /unlock (it took 3 days I think before I got an approval back)
  3. Be sure you use the same Mi Account for unlocking request (step 2) as when logging in into your device using the same Mi Account.
  4. Downloaded the Flash tool (called MiFlash) from: xiaomitips.com /getfile/1474/
  5. Downloaded also the latest official china development rom (Fastboot, with the extention .tgz): update.miui.com /updates/v1/fullromdownload.php?d=ido_xhdpi&b=X&r=cn&n=

OR Download directly the Global Development rom (fastboot) from:
    bigota.d.miui.com /6.7.29/ido_xhdpi_global_images_6.7.29_20160712.0000.26_5.1_global_53ec8fd6fc.tgz

6. Since some drivers are needed which may be not installed yet on your Windows computer. We need to set your computer in 'Test mode' in order to allow you to install such drivers. Do the following steps:
  7. Open a new CMD terminal under Windows, search for 'CMD'. Right click -> Run as administrator.
  8. Execute the following command:
    bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
  9. Then execute a second command:
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
  10. Reboot your computer. In the right bottom corner in your background wallpaper you should see 'Test mode'. Now continue.
  11. Extract the .tgz ROM file you downloaded at step 4. Extract the tar inside again, into a good location (like C:/ROM). See my the attached image (extracted.png) how this looks like.
  12. Now open the MiFlash tool as well, see yes to all questions.
  13. Shutdown your mobile, start your mobile in recovery mode by pressing Power up button + Power button (at the same time).
  14. It could be you see characters in Chinese, press the Download button in this menu. You could change the language to English by clicking on the almost bottom right button.. grr, this is horrible to explain in text. So see the image I attached where the Download button should be. Click atleast on this Download button, your screens goes black (that is good). See download_button.jpg in the attachments.
  15. Attach the mobile to the computer via a USB. You should see Qualcomm HS-USB .. in your Device Manager of Windows. See attachment as well (device_manager.png)
  16. Open the MiFlash tool, browse to C:/ROM (NOT C:/ROM/images). Press the refresh button to see the attached devices (COM3). See miflash.png.
  17. Click COM3 and press the ''Flash"button. Finally the ROM will be flashed to your mobile phone. Do not unplug the mobile phone from the usb!
  18. When you see succeed in the MiFlash app you are ready to unplug the USB. And hold down the power button until it vibrates.
  19. The mobile reboots, it can take a while (SEVERAL MINUTES), until the initial loading is done of Android.
  20. You can login with your Mi Account again and continue to setup your phone.
  21. You are your almost done... Let's continue later when you are this far :D....

Ps. step 19 can take really really long, up to (or more then) 10 minutes. So be very patient.

How do you get your computer out of "test mode"when you are done flashing the rom to your phone?

How do you get your computer out of "test mode"when you are done flashing the rom to your phone?

No you need to manually go out of the test mode again, very easy via the CMD terminal again. Execute the following commands to go out of 'test mode':
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

And:
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF