Help! No display after replacing the LCD

C-Fuu

Members
Apr 21, 2022
So finally my phone fell down and cracked the screen. Figured I should go and replace it straight away.

Mi Mix 3 isn't officially available in my country (Malaysia), so have to go with aftermarket "original" parts as claimed by the repairer.

Replaced, and it worked...... for less than a day. the screen turned black soon after.

But strange thing is, if I hold the power button and reboot the phone, the MI logo came up, indicating the screen works - but not in MIUI. Fastboot, recovery all are working with display.

What can I do? Should I flash it from China ROM to Global and mayyyyybe it will work? Ugh so annoying

• Wow
Reactions: MacTavishFR
This is the original screen
ori mi mix.jpeg

Note the serial and barcode.

And this is the new replacement screen
new mi mix.jpeg

No barcode shouldn't matter, but different serial? the one on the bottom left, XS...

Note that bootup shows the Mi logo, but once it enters MIUI the screen goes blank. touch works.

Truthfully they look similar but a lot of differences as well just in the physical appearence, the new one is a lot light on components from the pic sir.

Take the issue up with whoever you purchased from, this is not an issue for our forum to deal with. Replacement is an OEM and likely fake.