HELP - old multi lang miui

jhono

Members
Sep 20, 2012
Hello to all,

i still didnt got help for my problem, so i will try a different approach.

i've seen that on older roms like: 2.7.20, there is hebrew and its 1 file not 2 like the newest roms.
the problem is, that i cant find those roms, they are all deleted from the servers...

so if anyone of you have an old multi lang miui rom for mi-one+(1 file rom),
i will appreciate if you can send me a link or upload to a free server.

i really hope that some one will help me with this.

Thanks in advance!!:)

you would then have to downgrade your phone to an old version of miui then if you wanted hebrew and last attempt is to translate it yourself and help the rest of the people who would have liked to have it in hebrew also :)

blackstones hello and thanks for your reply, i almost thinking this forum is dead.. even admins not replying..

1. i dont mind downgrading to an old version, the problem is that there is no place i found an old version, all deleted..
so i appreciate if someone have on he's pc an old 1 file multi lang with hebrew, and can send/link it to me..

2. there is no problem with hebrew translating as long as i know, a guy name 'roenano' already translated the rom,
the funny thing is that the miui multi lang can be flashed with no problen on almost all phones, but with the mi-one
phone there is a problem, so there is no support for xiaomi mi-one anymore...

if someone here have a solution for mi-one hebrew lang, i'lle be very very thankfull...

lol we don't respond. I average 20-100 posts a week.

Sent from MIUIAndroid Phone.

Yeah thats wrong to say people dont reply, i normally give a answer very fast when i see it and have time for the forum but the last 2 weeks i been doing other things. :D
And normally Admins answer very fast if they have info about something or they can help.

At least this week: Hebrew (roenano) - pending... if it was ever completed im not sure didnt try cause i dont use it.
And they did release the update.zip multi to the mi-one.

You are using the latest version of miui with the correct multi update?

sorry if one of you got me wrong, i'm just saying that the mi-one forum is not much active(maybe not much people have this phone).

this week hebrew is pending, but all other lang pack realeses include hebrew on the lang pack.
also, you can see iBotPeaches answer here:
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/help-with-miui-multi-lang.18193/

so as you can see there's a problem with the lang pack installation on the mi-one,
i didnt see this week multi lang release for the mi-one:
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-multi-lang-2-9-21-jb-ics.18223/#post-140386

and that is why i dont understand, because mi-one phone born and an evolution of the miui,
so the funny thing is that all other phones have a multi lang support and miui "child" doesn't...

sorry again if someone got me wrong, its not my intention to insult someone..
its just that i'm feeling hopeless, so i really appreciate any help..:)

Yeah but miii-android.com is not the company that made it, its just a lot of people who like miui and wanted to use it in english with better translation and later more languages came along. So Xiaomi is the company who "owns" miui and they are a chinese company so they dont care about hebrew or any other language since they phone is suppost to be china only. Its not sold outside of china only 3rd party companys sell it outside. So they as a company dont really have to care about what languages as long as they support the primary language in china :) So unless miuiandroid.com, a user or another website/forum solves the problem Xiaomi will probably dont care at all since they dont need us as much as we need them :)

Yeah, i know.
this is why i came to this forum and to other miui community's to find a solution.
and the solution is 99% here, its just i dont know how to fix it,
if i only knew how to take out the hebrew from one of the lang packs
and add it to the miui rom.
i tried doing that, but there is a problem after with the update.zip sign,
it cannot be install after changing the rom without signing it...
so thats all i'm asking, because the solution is here..
i just want to know how to edit the rom and sign it back, so it can be installed...

I dont think you can take it out, im not sure but i think the hebrew and all the other languages are inside each .apk (app) so its not a single .xml file or notepad file that you can just copy and move. You need to have the original translation or strip it from each .apk and build a new one. That would take a lot of work. So the best way is to actually get the hebrew language file from the translator and then try packing it yourself. but that would just be really stupid since it would be a lot of work instead of just helping witht the translation and getting a lot more people hebrew.

Instead of each person having to do all the work, 1 person can and make all the people happy ;):D

So if its so needed i would recommend that you just help with the translation or get a friend of yours to help you do it also so it can go even faster.

Dear blackstones, i want to thank u for your replies and help.

1. hebrew is already exist, there's no need for translation, i would be the first to come and help translating..
if i had htc, samsung, motorola or any other phone then i could have miui with hebrew on my phone.

2. the problem is with the mi-one phones, the main rom is working with no problem, but when flashing the
multi lang file, then the phone is stuck on the miui logo..(only on mi-one, other phones no problem)

3. i've just recieved a message from the admin, they aware for this problem and they are working to fix this bug.

so i really want to thanks for your help, and wish the admins good luck on fixing this problem for the mi-one owners.
i'm not a programmer, but i'll be glad to help if i can:) ...

well actually it needs to be translated every week and yeah i really hoped it would work nice for the mi-one and hopefully they fix it fast and soon :)