Help - Problem Flashing Rom

VGCCs

Members
Jul 10, 2016
Hello,

I'm requesting for your help.

I have installed TWRP using fastboot mode.

After install, i have made a factory reset and wipe data, cache and Dalvic/ART

Happens that after this I select install to install the new rom, but the Zip file has dissapear. So now i don't have OS and I can't access to mobile memory to paste de ROM Zip file.

"adb push rom-filename.zip /sdcard/"

You can upload files from computer with adb when booted in TWRP recovery (it's quite slow).

Thank you for your attention.

I'm new on this Xiaomi advetures, and sorry about my questions but i need some clarifications.

When you say booted in TWRP recovery, is in TWRP menu? Because i have tried the information you give, but in fastboot mode.

Can you give me some step by step information?

Just boot to TWRP and connect to computer, no need to do anything from TWRP. If adb drivers are installed you can test connection with "adb devices" command similar to fastboot. Copy rom zip file to adb directory and upload rom to phone internal memory ("adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.6.30_v8-6.0.zip /sdcard/"). After upload install from TWRP menu.

All TWRP compiles do not have adb enabled or in authoriszd mode, official builds should be good:
https://twrp.me/devices/xiaomimi5.html

Last edited:
Hi,

When i test the adb drivers, i received a info with a number that is my mobile phone id and on front i informs sideload.

Before your reply, i have made some searches and i found the ADB Sideload mode, and i have used the following info:

"adb sideload rom.zip"

And he has copy the file, but i can't find the location.

I have tried with your information, but the c: command run some lines in a few seconds and nothing happens, after that.

Do i need to update my ADB drivers? In this moment i have V6.0 by cofface

The TWRP version i have is 3.0.2 by Jemmini from TWRP_gemini_6.5.7+.zip

Last edited:
just enter twrp, connect your phone to pc and send any zip to internal storage, then push Install ...your file will be there

The problem is that, the internal storage doesn't appear.

My computer "rings" when i plug the usb cable, i have wondershare installed, and he detects a new device, but when i open the explorer, a can't see this device and his storage.

what you see when you tap Install?
try Advanced>Fix Contexts and go back to install

When i tap Install, i see the internal storage, on sdcard folder i have a TWRP folder, and it's all. And my Internal Storage has 55057Mb

I have run the Fix Contects has you sugest, but continues all the same

No,

In the main memory i have (folders)

boot
cache
cust
data
dev
etc
license
modem
oem
persist
proc
recovery
res
root
sbin
sdcard
sideload
sys
system
tmp
twres

and inside sdcard i have TWRP folder.

Last edited:
can i install/update the rom using c: command?

using this:

fastboot flash update.zip

No,

In the main memory i have (folders)

boot
cache
cust
data
dev
etc
license
modem
oem
persist
proc
recovery
res
root
sbin
sdcard
sideload
sys
system
tmp
twres

and inside sdcard i have TWRP folder.
this is not main menu, if in this menu you tap sdcard you have only twrp inside?

Finally i have made it.

The command line was "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip

rom.zip is the name i have given

Now i have install the rom.

I have selected reboot after install

And now is showing the mi logo

and the 3 dots on the bottom are "spining"

This will take about 10-20min

Right?

No sideload, just upload file to phone from computer. /sdcard is mount point of internal memory in TWRP recovery. Same works on all phones with TWRP recovery.

http://adbshell.com/commands/adb-push
adb side load can be used to flash rom...https://dayteamblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/installare-zip-via-adb-sideload-twrp/
I'm happy you finally flash rom when you get problem....anyway there are other way to do it like adb sideload -twrp, OTG-USB-twrp, MIFLASH.... I don't know what you did wrong in beginning, but normally vis twrp or even updater must work...never got problem flashing!