help! to root mi2 firmware version miui-jlb 34.0

naronglex7

Members
Jan 16, 2013
i updated to jlb 34.0 so my mi2 is no longer rooted. tried several ways but failed. i found a zip file purported to root jlb 34.0; but i could not download it to use as xiaomi account is reqired. though i manage to register a xiaomi account but still am unable to obtain the said zip file as there are chinese lanfuage ivolved. (i am thai living in bangkok; english is ok but no knowledge of chinese). so i turn to this forum for help. please any one please kindly post it here or send me the zip file - or any othe similar capability apks/ files - that can be use to root xiaomi mi2 using the jlb 34.0 firmware.

towelroot might work here... towelroot.com/tr.apk

You need the dev. edition of the rom to have the root option available when using the miui rom

1. thanks shicomm. but unfortunately i use the stable version 34.0. my little-to-no knowledge on tech make me dare not use the dev version. however my sweet one year experience with mi2 and helps from various members of this forum allow me to have previous stable versions with rooted access. so please someone kindly help me on my problem. i need to root to use framework+alarm fixed to make third party alarm apps to work properly in my device. thanks in advance for any assistace for my mi2 to be rooted.

The dev. version is a stable one but with root as standard :)
No worries there :)

The towelroot method can also work with the regular rom , give it a try.

dear shicomm, u are the man! the apk that u have kindly directed to me WORKS! thank you, thank you and thank you.