Help Us Raise Funds To Upgrade The Forum To Xenforo 2.x

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

As you know Xiaomi is now almost 8 years old, and so is this forum! We've been operating largely on our own financial resources for the last few years and initially had some help from other forum members to get Xenforo upgrades for the forum back in 2012.

Since that time the forum has grown a lot and now we need to look at all future upgrades and incoming GDPR rules for EU.

With this in mind the forum needs to be upgraded urgently but we are lacking the available funds to pay for the $190 license. I already pay a large cost monthly for servers, firewall hardware and network gear to keep us online and performance tolerant.

I am asking our community to lend a hand to help us reach the goal of $190 to get Xenforo 2.x and Enhanced Search as well.

You can donate to via PayPal here: https://www.paypal.me/xiaomieurope

Everyone who donates will get a mention in this post! Thanks for your support over the last 8 years!

Mark

Two donations so far:

@delboy and @k0sta

Thanks to you two guys for contributions to the new forum version. Hope to see other people come in and donate what they can, big or small... Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Further donations from:

Tommo E
Jan-Hendrick
Ben H
D F W M van Deursen

Thanks for the support!

We still need to raise $140 USD... If you want to donate please consider sending in USD amounts or GBP.

Reactions: Dirkmax
Donated. Keep the good work friends :) You guys are the best for having this compation and pacience during this 8 years. Cheers from portugal

Reactions: MarkHUK
Donated, too. Would be nice to hear the current status...
Upgrade will be done soon, there is an issue moving the license over from one of the old admins to my account which we are sorting out this week :)

Hi guys,

Donation level has been reached, thank you SO MUCH to those who contributed. I am organising the upgrade to take place next week.

Thanks again for everyone's support who managed to donate or offer some support.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi everyone,

As you know Xiaomi is now almost 8 years old, and so is this forum! We've been operating largely on our own financial resources for the last few years and initially had some help from other forum members to get Xenforo upgrades for the forum back in 2012.

Since that time the forum has grown a lot and now we need to look at all future upgrades and incoming GDPR rules for EU.

With this in mind the forum needs to be upgraded urgently but we are lacking the available funds to pay for the $190 license. I already pay a large cost monthly for servers, firewall hardware and network gear to keep us online and performance tolerant.

I am asking our community to lend a hand to help us reach the goal of $190 to get Xenforo 2.x and Enhanced Search as well.

You can donate to via PayPal here: https://www.paypal.me/xiaomieurope

Everyone who donates will get a mention in this post! Thanks for your support over the last 8 years!

Mark

Donated 10€ for your good work!

Last edited: