Help With Rom Install - Signal: 7

SAngeli

Members
Mar 18, 2016
Hi,
I have an unlock Xiaomi MI5s 125GB 4GB RAM device where I have alwasy been using developer rom

When I try to do a clean install of Xiaomi rom, I enter into TWRP and wipe all partitions (Dalvik, Cache, system, data). then from OTG I install "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_......zip" file.

This is the first time where I have an issue: I am unable to install.
here is what happens when I run "install"

Installing zip file '/usb_otg/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_8.3.8_v9-7.0.zip'
Checking for MD4 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Target: Xiaomi/capricorn/capricord:7.0/NRD90M/8.3.3
user/release-keys
package_extract_file took 01.
Patching firmware images...
package_extract_file took 00s.
SetMetadataFn tool 00s.
RunProgramFn took 00s.
Installing MIUI update...
Updater process ended with signal: 7
Error installing zip file '/usb_otg/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_8.3.8_v9-7.0.zip'

Updating partition details...
...done

I tried to download the file agian and tried these two roms:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_8.3.8_v9-7.0.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_8.3.15_v9-7.0.zip

It happened once on another Xiaomi Mi4 device but after downloading again teh zip file I resolved the issue.
I do not know what to do. Please help...
many thanks....

Last edited:
Some updates.
I tried to google around trying to find out how to solve this issue. I found out that a solution could be upgrading TWRP to latest version. So, I upgraded from ver. 3.1.1.0 to latest ver. 3.2.1-1 but it did not work :-(

I noticed something very interesting: anytime I try to Install from ".zip" the display/device reboots immediately into TWRP. I try to run "Install from .zip" again and this second time it starts installing but still fails with same error. Moreover, if I try to go back to "/usb_otg" I fail to see its content like it just does not read it.

I tried many things. At the end, I decided to change USB Stick and installed TWRP ver. 3.1.1.0
Do not ask me how or why but I was finally able to install successfully the latest rom from scratch/clean install.

Simply I do not understand this behavior :-(
So, the issue is solved but I would love to hear from someone if there is a reason from what I went throught.

Many thanks in advanced....

Last edited: