New [hmpro] Continuous Data Usage From "other" (battery Drain?)

thenext1

Members
Mar 9, 2016
Hello everyone
Redmi pro on recent weekly build (6.12.15)
I am noticing a continuous 0,3-0,5 kb data "blips" in the network monitor from Others ("Altre" in italian, see screenshot below), every 4-5 secs.
Happens all the time even with the phone absolutely idle.
This keeps the radio awake (H+) and drains battery faster than needed.
In fact, most of the time I wake the phone it's doing things and not idle, perhaps because of this.
Anyone know what's this related to, before I fire up the packet analyzer?
Maybe Xiaomi's data collection you can opt out in MIUI's setup wizard?(which I didn't)

Screenshot_2016-12-25-11-38-44-480_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Hello, I've dug a bit with a packet analyzer and I've found the phone is talking with various hosts attributable to Xiaomi or Chinese bloat (i.e. some Amazon EC host in southeast asia) via https, and to some other host via port 5222.
Packet capture ran for some minutes with the screen off and it didn't stop. Xiaomi data collection is off in the settings.
I don't care as much about the info given away in these connections, as the battery being heavily drained instead. Connections happen all the time even out of wifi. Radio is kept in steady state all the time. Phone is never going into doze mode (you can see in the battery graph). Under 30% battery goes down at astonishing rate even if not using phone at all.
It seems a serious problem to me.
Will someone look into this?

I'm astounded no one looks at this.
We have phones contacting SSL servers all over the world, all the time, sending who-knows-what regardless of system settings, draining battery like mad, and nobody cares.
It's fantastic!