Hongmi 1S no no update trough recovery

Starcopy

Members
May 12, 2014
Hi,

I received my 1S today and wanted to update it to version 24. The device came with a ML version, android: 4.3 JLS36C, MIUI version: MIUI-JHCCNBD92.0

On first there is no updater app on it. Second: I can put antother version on in through recovery.

The steps I take are:

1. Rename rom to update.zip
2. Put update.zip on boot from SD card
3. Boot up in recovery with volume up / powerbutton
4. Go to english and then to INSTALL UPDATE.ZIP TO SYSTEM
5. Then confirm install update.zip and press yes

Then I get: can't find update.zip in sdcard

End of story

There is no possibility to make a choice and select the file by hand. It all goes automaticly From step 4. I can only confirm the install.

The rom used is the last stable version 24 for Xiaomi Redmi 1S WCDMA - Stable 24 Multilang

I'm becoming quite desperate as I can't find eny solutions for it, accept the one mensioned here. Is there someone who can give a tip on how to approach this problem?

Regards,

Starcopy

I think MIUI refers to the phone's internal storage as the 'SD card', so you would have to copy update.zip there, and then it will work.

Just Transer the latest xiaomi.eu rom to internal memory (no need to rename) and then 'select installation pack' and install through updater menu in MIUI.

He doesn't have Updater app. He bought the phone on ali or from other Chinese shits. That's why he needs to use recovery.

He doesn't have Updater app. He bought the phone on ali or from other Chinese shits. That's why he needs to use recovery.

Nice for you to fill in my seller but: allas Yorik your wrong. But the solve was in the first answer. So, thanks Midore.