How can I backup my official Firmware?!

3Ab3Azim

Members
Nov 20, 2020
Hello everyone!
Can anybody please help me perform a full backup for my original ROM including my IMEI numbers, and original recovery for Redmi note 9s global?!

I'm planning to flash EU rom after the bootloader is unlocked in a week, so any method for locked our unlocked bootloaders will work for me.

I don't have root access and want to backup before rooting the phone so if my phone's gone bananas I can revert back to current state.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone!
Can anybody please help me perform a full backup for my original ROM including my IMEI numbers, and original recovery for Redmi note 9s global?!

I'm planning to flash EU rom after the bootloader is unlocked in a week, so any method for locked our unlocked bootloaders will work for me.

I don't have root access and want to backup before rooting the phone so if my phone's gone bananas I can revert back to current state.

Thanks in advance.
Please share a screenshot of your "my device page" all specs
Settings > my device > all specs

Reactions: 3Ab3Azim
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance.
Why back up the original ROM when you can install it at any time using MiFlash tool?

Why back up the original ROM when you can install it at any time using MiFlash tool?
I used to root and change roms on old phones in the past. Don't know if it's the same situation now. In the past I could lose IMEI numbers and Mac address when flashing different roms. The phone will still work but with different IMEI and Mac. The ones for the rom installed. Which basically means they don't match with ones written on the box which makes it legally (Not my phone) but the phone of the firmware uploader.

What I used to do in mediatek devices was to backup a file called NVRAM using SPflash tools then flash it after any rom changes. The file contained my serials info so it kept my phone legally mine.

Please share a screenshot of your "my device page" all specs
Settings > my device > all specs
Thanks geoorg

I used to root and change roms on old phones in the past. Don't know if it's the same situation now. In the past I could lose IMEI numbers and Mac address when flashing different roms. The phone will still work but with different IMEI and Mac. The ones for the rom installed. Which basically means they don't match with ones written on the box which makes it legally (Not my phone) but the phone of the firmware uploader.

What I used to do in mediatek devices was to backup a file called NVRAM using SPflash tools then flash it after any rom changes. The file contained my serials info so it kept my phone legally mine.
No need for that here. Just flash the fastboot rom and you are back to how you device was, no lost IMEI, or stuff like that.
And flashing Xiaomi.eu ROMs don't change your IMEI...so you device remains yours.

Cheers! :cool:

• Love
No need for that here.

Cheers! :cool:

Thanks for your assistance, geoorg! I really appreciate it. Last question! I'm not planning to setup TWRP until an official version comes out. Can I setup xiaomi.eu roms from releaees section using fastboot mode, even though the publisher has mentioned that they should be installed over TWRP?!

Thanks for your assistance, geoorg! I really appreciate it. Last question! I'm not planning to setup TWRP until an official version comes out. Can I setup xiaomi.eu roms from releaees section using fastboot mode, even though the publisher has mentioned that they should be installed over TWRP?!
You can install Xiaomi.eu by BOOTING the TWRP file from fastboot mode Without having to FLASH the TWRP file.

How can I do that?! Are there any guides for it?!

And can I use this method

With this firmware instead of the one in the link
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V12.0.2.0.QJWMIXM_v12-10.zip
That method was for when there was no TWRP.

@rbarat has an extensive guide, use it

I don't understand the stubbornness of some people. We have 2 fully functional TWRP versions here. So why do you want to reinvent the wheel?

Odoslané z tb8788p1_64_bsp pomocou Tapatalku

Thanks geoorg!
I flashed "Mauronofrio's TWRP" and then "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V12.0.2.0.QJWMIXM_v12-10.zip" and it works perfectly. I'm so grateful for your assistance.

Now I have a question. Is there a way to manually update to "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V12.0.3.0.QJWMIXM_v12-10.zip" without losing my data, as I downloaded it from sourceforge to do a fresh install on a friend's phone and want to use the same file to update mine to save quota because we are on a very limited internet?

Reactions: geoorg
Thanks geoorg!
I flashed "Mauronofrio's TWRP" and then "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V12.0.2.0.QJWMIXM_v12-10.zip" and it works perfectly. I'm so grateful for your assistance.

Now I have a question. Is there a way to manually update to "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V12.0.3.0.QJWMIXM_v12-10.zip" without losing my data, as I downloaded it from sourceforge to do a fresh install on a friend's phone and want to use the same file to update mine to save quota because we are on a very limited internet?
Glad to hear you got it working :)
To update,
Boot to twrp
Tap "install"
Select the downloaded ROM zip
Swipe to confirm flash
Ater flashing is done clear cache and dalvik-cache (very important)
Reboot

Last edited:
I don't understand the stubbornness of some people. We have 2 fully functional TWRP versions here. So why do you want to reinvent the wheel?

Odoslané z tb8788p1_64_bsp pomocou Tapatalku

No, the time you posted there, you mentioned the implementations of mauronofrio and LW.TWRP over there.
And mauronofrio even states in his thread, that his version is by far not fully functional.
Why don't you mention the heavy restrictions of mauronofrio's version?
If you visit the linked XDA thread he says:
"Not working:
- Fastbootd
- Adb sideload
- Backup restore and image flash (system-vendor-product)"

You have to keep in mind (when writing guides) that most people will not follow the links and read the release notes. So you should mention those restrictions before they try to restore a backup but can't.

In fact, no TWRP fork (let it be the variants of mauronofrio / chinese closed-source variant of wzsx150 / LR.TWRP 3. or Orange or Pitch Black Recovery Project [PBRP]) support decrypting the device, so backup/restore is not possible. See also: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/suggest-a-recovery-for-curtana.4190619/#post-84078231
And that's the main feature for having a custom Recovery installed. So I can spare that part for now.

@3Ab3Azim
My advice
would be to wait for an official TWRP release and until that use the fastboot install or update process of the Xiaomi.eu rom described in the official guide (in general: you just need to execute an update script which comes with each new ROM update via fastboot and it won't delete your personal stuff): https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...-xiaomi-eu-rom-for-redmi-note-9s-9-pro.55217/
That's not really an extra mile, you will still get notified about a new update and the ROM will be automatically downloaded to your phone. Then execute the update script.

• Love