How do I install magisk

Ibrahim bahakim

Members
Dec 13, 2020
Hello I have mi10 ultra on weekly rom twrp..
I want to install magisk so that I can run macdonald app.. But I don't know how to install..

Thanks

What I did:
I googled download Magisk and I downloaded their app. Then inside I pressed on download zip. Then went to twrp. Then inside I installed the zip.

But I don't know what I do after..

I hope those make it clear what my issue is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-01-18-42-41-664_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-01-18-42-41-664_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Screenshot_2021-01-01-18-42-27-405_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-01-18-42-27-405_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 443
What I did:
I googled download Magisk and I downloaded their app. Then inside I pressed on download zip. Then went to twrp. Then inside I installed the zip.

But I don't know what I do after..
To do after for what? Could you specify what is your goal, please?
If you just installed the Magisk so you have your phone rooted.
If your doubts are related to SafetyNet attestation failed you need to search forum for the info how to change the attestation from hardware type to the basic software. You need the Magisk Props Config Module installed and then use the option to change the attestation type.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

To do after for what? Could you specify what is your goal, please?
If you just installed the Magisk so you have your phone rooted.
If your doubts are related to SafetyNet attestation failed you need to search forum for the info how to change the attestation from hardware type to the basic software. You need the Magisk Props Config Module installed and then use the option to change the attestation type.

I... I'm sorry I don't understand almost everything from what you said.. I'm not good with those technical things.
I want to run apps like my bank and also macdonald app.. But those don't run because my device is unlocked.. I don't know how to lock my device so people said you can install magisk but I don't know how to do it... I thought it was just simple apk install and done..

I... I'm sorry I don't understand almost everything from what you said.. I'm not good with those technical things.
I want to run apps like my bank and also macdonald app.. But those don't run because my device is unlocked.. I don't know how to lock my device so people said you can install magisk but I don't know how to do it... I thought it was just simple apk install and done..
OK. I see. If you want to use your banking apps just go into Magisk Manager and turn on Magisk Hide and then tap on the second icon of the floating bar (on the down part of the Magisk Manager screen) - it looks like a shield - and go into Magisk Hiee there and add your banking apps to the list to be hidden by Magisk. You can also use the Hide Magisk Manager option in the Manager (I don't remember the name of this option but it is used to change the name of Magisk Manager package) as some of banking apps check the Magisk Manager if it is exists. Also you can delete TWRP folder from the sdcard of your phone memory. Then you can start your banking app and check if they work. Good luck

I don't see this shield anywhere.. Where can I find it? This is the main page..
OK. I see. If you want to use your banking apps just go into Magisk Manager and turn on Magisk Hide and then tap on the second icon of the floating bar (on the down part of the Magisk Manager screen) - it looks like a shield - and go into Magisk Hiee there and add your banking apps to the list to be hidden by Magisk. You can also use the Hide Magisk Manager option in the Manager (I don't remember the name of this option but it is used to change the name of Magisk Manager package) as some of banking apps check the Magisk Manager if it is exists. Also you can delete TWRP folder from the sdcard of your phone memory. Then you can start your banking app and check if they work. Good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-01-19-11-25-610_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-01-19-11-25-610_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 496
I don't see this shield anywhere.. Where can I find it? This is the main page..
It should looks like on the attached screenshot. I saw this effect (lack of this floating bar) some time ago. It has been fixed by ew installation of Magisk zip again in the TWRP. If it doesn't help. Try to uninstall Magisk and install it again from the very beginning.
3d56e154cb5ff5bf4d3284463a8ba4f7.jpg

So the steps I will follow are

The manager apk Uninstaller.
Go to twrp then install the zip file which I downloaded from the manager.
Then go to normal screen and install manager apk and it should work..
I'll do those and tell you what happened.. Thanks friend.

It should looks like on the attached screenshot. I saw this effect (lack of this floating bar) some time ago. It has been fixed by ew installation of Magisk zip again in the TWRP. If it doesn't help. Try to uninstall Magisk and install it again from the very beginning.
3d56e154cb5ff5bf4d3284463a8ba4f7.jpg

I did it all but nothing.. I don't find this shield at all... I might be blind or dummy who failed to install it correctly
I did the steps on top but nothing...

Look at the picture below please.
What I did was:. I downloaded the apk file tgen n installed it.
Then went to (magisk) option inside the app and downloaded the zip (the zip can be seen from the picture below) then I deleted the app itself. Went to twrp and installed the zip file. Go back to normal screen, installed the app again and here we are.. I don't see the shield.. I don't know what I did wrong

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-01-19-29-47-564_com.android.fileexplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-01-19-29-47-564_com.android.fileexplorer.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 313
Oh God hahaha
Those are some really complicated stuff.
Well I'll stick with no bank. I don't want to damage my phone...

Thanks anyway cheers.
Merry Christmas
You're not going to damage your device, if you want to use banking apps while having magisk root, follow the guides that have been linked to you.
It can hardly be explained any better.

You're not going to damage your device, if you want to use banking apps while having magisk root, follow the guides that have been linked to you.
It can hardly be explained any better.
I'll try..
I'm scared to damage my phone. I don't understand a lot of root and rom and twrp and those things...
I honestly like xiaomi but I don't know why this mi10 ultra did not have my language to begin with.. Only Chinese and English..

Anyway I'll it.. I hope I don't dmg my phone.

I'll try..
I'm scared to damage my phone. I don't understand a lot of root and rom and twrp and those things...
I honestly like xiaomi but I don't know why this mi10 ultra did not have my language to begin with.. Only Chinese and English..

Anyway I'll it.. I hope I don't dmg my phone.
Because the Ultra was not released to the global market.
There's really no "damage" to cause to a phone with these kinds of software mods (or you would have to try a lot harder than this on a deeper level), the only thing you can potentially mess up by fiddling with Magisk is that (in the worst case scenario) your ROM won't boot. And that can always be fixed with TWRP and/or a PC within minutes.
Just follow each sentence of Poney70's guide (use workaround number 2) and you'll be set to use just about any app allergic to root.

Reactions: Poney70
Because the Ultra was not released to the global market.
There's really no "damage" to cause to a phone with these kinds of software mods (or you would have to try a lot harder than this on a deeper level), the only thing you can potentially mess up by fiddling with Magisk is that (in the worst case scenario) your ROM won't boot. And that can always be fixed with TWRP and/or a PC within minutes.
Just follow each sentence of Poney70's guide (use workaround number 2) and you'll be set to use just about any app allergic to root.
Ahaa I see. So it is Xiaomi's fault to begin with.
Yeah I got enough courage and tried it now and it works..
It was not that and thankfully no risk like you said..

Thanks everyone. ❤️❤️❤️