How do MIUI Android.com update.zip work?

blackstones

Members
Mar 29, 2012
Hey im having some large issues updating my Xiaomi Mi-one M1 phone with miui from android.com.
It do not wont to update system two (2) it can only update system one (1) but if i use the update.zip from xiaomi it can update system 1 and 2 without any problems.

I tried re-flashing the entire phone with every version that xiaomi have on there website for the last 2-3 weeks every week with the latest version to see if that can help to make me update normal like i used to do.

What i used to be able to do is to update every week system one and two without any problems and i could downgrade and upgrade both system but for the last month or so that dont work i can only upgrade or downgrade system 1 when im using miui from android.com. So what i had to do is to download the wire brush update tool from xiaomi and flash it with fastboot so both systems get the latest version and then apply the miui from miuiandroid.com but then i wont be able to update when the new release comes out 1 week later since miui from miuiandroid.com some how locks system two.

So today i tried something new i downloaded miui from xiaomi.com and updated both system 1 and two with this version and now both versions are 2.7.6 but this did not work with the version from miuiandroid.com that only could update system 1.

My question is why?
Did miuiandroid.com do something to the update.zip that makes it only make it able to update system one or that it forces the update to system one?
Becuase i tried to tell it to update with the update app both in system one and two but no difference.
Becuase it updates different from xiaomi and the one from miuiandroid.com.
Xiaomi it updates in the background and do a restart and then apply the changes, and the one from miuiandroid.com restart and then updates and flashes.

So what happens is that when i try to update with miuiandroid.com version it pushes the update always to system 1 regardless if im using system one or two. That means that i have to download both versions the one from xiaomi and then the one from miuiandroid.com

Problem nr 2 is that it seems to have a lot of issues with loosing network connection when im running 2 different version of miui form miuiandroid.com.
Example Miui 2.6.18 and 2.6.26 do not work at all it creates the problem or any other version for that matter 2 different builds = network falls out.
But if i use fastboot and wirebrush (update tool from xiaomi) and flash the phone to latest build so both system 1 and 2 have same build and use miui from miuiandroid.com its stable without any issue.

So anybody have any idea why these problems happen or do anybody have these issues?

Reactions: krispuniq
to get back in check flash our version since we alter the build.prop for ota.

Yeah the problems is that when i use miui from miuiandroid.com i cant flash system two becuase it "sends" all updates into system one :cool:

Hey im having some large issues updating my Xiaomi Mi-one M1 phone with miui from android.com.
It do not wont to update system two (2) it can only update system one (1) but if i use the update.zip from xiaomi it can update system 1 and 2 without any problems.

So anybody have any idea why these problems happen or do anybody have these issues?
I am also facing the same issues as you do ! I hope you remember my posts in other thread. You actually suggested me to use the fastboot wirebrush method to get both the partitions upto date. Like you said, even in my case, only system one is updated by the ROMS thats i download from miuiandroid.com. System two remains in chinese, and doesnt get updated as well. I also get network drop issues sometimes.

Hey Krispuniq i have this week gone back to all chinese for the 2.7.6 release and its stable no issues yet as i can see and both systems are running the same version 2.7.6 on system one and two. Going to see if this works all good and if it does i will try miuiandroid.com miui release on friday and try again to get it on both systems but if not im going back to chinese version.

Thats the only solution i have now, you havent been able at all to update system two?
you can try to get both system to be chinese miui (original miui) and then try to use the miui from miuiandroid.com and start with system one and the update system two. If that dont work and only one system wants to get updated go back and flash system two and then system one with miui from miuiandroid.com that might work.

If i understood thats what MarkHUK wanted me to do is to re-flash my phone :)

Reactions: krispuniq
I have no issues with Sys one and two on our ROM release guys

It seems that the latest version at this time 2.7.13 from miuiandroid.com updated both system 1 and two correct without any issues :)Hope it will work nice from now on :)