How good is the camera?

SusuBendera

Members
Sep 5, 2013
Is this beauty a low light camera performer?
I'd love to see its camera sample :)

Such a beauty you have there

Does the camera support raw as the Google translated site would indicate it does?

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378673179976.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378673179976.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 380
Seems to be same as Mi2S 32GB. ;)

The sensor seems to be the same Sony one that is in the qx10 that was announced last week although the mpx size is different.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378673422230.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378673422230.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 367
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378673449631.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378673449631.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 373
A hand-on from a HK magazine:​
"Focus speed is great. Although dynamic range is poor and cannot capture details in a backlit condition, the photo is sharp with no apparent noise."

Are you able to share the name of the magazine as it would be great to see a full translated version of the review if available online?

Are you able to share the name of the magazine as it would be great to see a full translated version of the review if available online?

It's from e-zone issue 787. I can translate the whole review tomorrow since it's 1am now. :)

Reactions: deini
This is only a hands-on from the IFA so the device might be different after release!

1. Design
The MI3 is reminiscent of the Nokia Lumia. Although it is longer (compared to MI2 and GS4), it feels very light (thanks to its thickness and weight which are only 8.1mm and 145g respectively). The build quality is great. The phone is very comfortable to hold.

2. Display (sharpness)
On GS4 the feather appears sharper, while it is smoother on the MI3. GS4 wins the test.

3. Display (colour)
In theory, IPS panel has a better colour accuracy and is better in reproducing a more natural image than an AMOLED panel. However in our test the MI3 screen has a yellow and cyan tint, and it is a little bit overexposed. Fortunately viewing the display is still quite comfortable.

4. Video
Both MI3 and GS4 loaded the 1080p video within a second. They are both very fast in skipping (scrubbing?) videos, thanks to their 2GB RAM and powerful CPU. Sound from speakers of both phones are loud, clear and solid.

5. Performance
In real world Antutu benchmark test, the score of MI3 did not reach the level claimed by the manufacturer, but it still performed better than the GS4. On another note, the MI3 crashed multiple times while running the Vellamo benchmark. The issue should be fixed before the release.

6. Camera
Focus speed is great. Although dynamic range is poor and cannot capture details in a backlit condition, the photo is sharp with no apparent noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkHUK and deini