How to center a 1x1 widget or icon?

swatcop

Members
Jul 30, 2011
Anyone noticed that you are unable to center a 1x1 widget or icon. Trying to set up my home screen the way I like it and unable to center a 1x1 widget or icon. The previous version would allow this but not the latest. Does anyone know how to make this happen. Certain widgets I would like centered. It just doesn't look right off to one side on some.....

Also some of the Beautiful Widgets are not playing well with the new version. Other than this, all is good!!

good question ;)
??? I've just tried this and he is right, we can't center the 1x1 widgets. Its always aligned right or left but not center. weird ???
:cool:

How is this weird? Android has always been a 4x4 grid on the home screens. Unless you use an alternative launcher such as Launcher Pro to re-size/stretch the 1x1 widgets to 2x1, then they are never centered.

This should be common knowledge by now...

You can on the dock bar, but it's impossible to center a 1x1 icon or widget on a 4x4 grid. It would have to be an odd number, why do you think micky mouse never flipped anyone off? Cause he can't, no middle finger.

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

maybe I was using 2x widgets and not 1x widgets before :) not sure
when he posted this I've just tried and posted back ;) personally i not using widgets much, cos i prefer clean desk :)

How is this weird? Android has always been a 4x4 grid on the home screens. Unless you use an alternative launcher such as Launcher Pro to re-size/stretch the 1x1 widgets to 2x1, then they are never centered.

This should be common knowledge by now...