How to change default launcher?

ninjinsamax3

Members
Aug 19, 2011
After MIUI removed the default programs settings, I have no idea how to change the launcher. I am using 2 different launchers, but with that setting, I was able to control when pressing the home button to open which launcher, but now I accidentally clicked on the button which chooses the default launcher, but now I have no idea how to reset that.

I really do not wish to uninstall the launcher and reinstall it, or re-install the rom.

Is there anyway to get to this?

Or even maybe have an extended settings for that? Andy? d: I am using extended settings, and is making MIUI really great, but removing that setting is such a downer... ):

From what i've seen there's usually an option to close the current launcher when u go to settings..

Go to settings, programs, manage applications, all. Find the launcher that is your current default launcher and select it. Scroll down and you will see a launch by default section. Select clear defaults. Now the next time you press home you will be prompted to select which launcher to use.

An alternative options would be to install something like home switcher from the market, which would shortcut some of the steps above.

https://market.android.com/details?id=ymst.android.homeswitcher&hl=en

Sent from my Nexus S using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Settings > Apps > Select Default Launcher > Clear Defaults > Click "Home" > Select the launcher you wish to use.

Settings > Apps > Select Default Launcher > Clear Defaults > Click "Home" > Select the launcher you wish to use.

That'll be the abridged version

Go to settings, programs, manage applications, all. Find the launcher that is your current default launcher and select it. Scroll down and you will see a launch by default section. Select clear defaults. Now the next time you press home you will be prompted to select which launcher to use.

An alternative options would be to install something like home switcher from the market, which would shortcut some of the steps above.

https://market.android.com/details?id=ymst.android.homeswitcher&hl=en

This.

Thanks a lot! Worked well, I didn't know there was this option.. D: Saved me a lot!! Doing this isn't so bad then! :D