"Recents" menu not working with other launchers like Nova

msssm

Members
Sep 18, 2021
Hi,

is there some common MIUI forum here as I guess this is not device specific?

The "Recent Apps" button doesn't work as expected when using Nova Launcher as
default.
Sometimes switching to other apps works, but the split screen makes it freeze.
Sometimes even switching to other apps doesn't work.

Other users seem to have the same issues:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I tried re-setting system launcher as default and granting it all permission and also tried cleaning the system launcher's data. It works for a while then breaks
again.

As I don't see the "System launcher" apps in my apps, I can only change the permissions via Swift-Backup->All Apps->System Launcher->App Info. There I only see Permission details with descriptions about the permission, but no section to change the permissions.

Using the system launcher as default works great and doesn't have this issue.

Do you have any idea how to solve that?

Seems to work now for a while after granting all permissions to Nova Launcher and resetting data of all launchers, don't know the exact solution now anymore.
Also split screen works.

However one issue remains, I can't quickly switch between apps by double clicking the menu button that I use for the recents menu. I can't see an option for the double click.

The double click for fast switching to the most recent app works with the system launcher but not with Nova launcher as default. How can this be solved?

It refuses to work on xiaomi.eu unfortunately.
If you set default then back to Nova, it works until you reboot (my device turns off & on every night so this is useless).
The strange thing is that it works normally on chinese rom.
Seems to work now for a while after granting all permissions to Nova Launcher and resetting data of all launchers, don't know the exact solution now anymore.
Also split screen works.

However one issue remains, I can't quickly switch between apps by double clicking the menu button that I use for the recents menu. I can't see an option for the double click.

No workaround or solution yet? I can't split screen without the options menu in the recent apps list.