How To Change Phone Number Of Mi Account?

Tanjim

Members
Feb 21, 2016
I lost the phone number(sim card) that i used to sign up my mi account. Now as i want to change the number it asks to send a verification code to that number.So is there any other way to change the number?

I lost the phone number(sim card) that i used to sign up my mi account. Now as i want to change the number it asks to send a verification code to that number.So is there any other way to change the number?
Probably ask this in the en.miui forums, here is just for EU development ROM.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tanjim
Probably ask this in the en.miui forums, here is just for EU development ROM.

Ok.I thought people here might be able to find me another way to do it as the xiaomi device as well.

Ok.I thought people here might be able to find me another way to do it as the xiaomi device as well.
Yeah I agree but you should also post it over on en.miui, they have a direct relationship with Xiaomi.

You can change or add another phone number to your Mi Account from entering in your mi account from a browser at security section and there you have to answer to your security questions which you have provided answers and then from there you can add another number to be used for receiving verification code.

Mi 5 Tapatalk

Reactions: ivan.martinko
Xiaomi baffles me sometimes. What's the use of email if i can't use that to get verification code!

I didn't have any security question
You can change or add another phone number to your Mi Account from entering in your mi account from a browser at security section and there you have to answer to your security questions which you have provided answers and then from there you can add another number to be used for receiving verification code.

Mi 5 Tapatalk

Mi 5 Tapatalk
I didn't have any security question set before.Now if i try to set a security question it's asks for a verification code to be sent to my previous number!

I think are another options for verification but in don't remember them right now

Mi 5 Tapatalk

Here's my story from Xiaomi Customer Service:

Reset security question

Request submitted

We'll send you an update on the status of your request within 3 working days.

After your account is recovered, you'll need to re-add a phone number and an email address. Your security questions and Authenticator will also be reset.

This has been like this since last November....very long three days...
Here we go:

Welcome to Xiaomi Customer Support!

I understand your concern and apologize for the delay you have faced. I'll surely help you in this regards. I would like to inform you that if you have applied for manual verification, you will definitely get the resolution. I would request you to wait for sometime. We are trying our best to resolve the problem you are facing. Several things can prevent you from receiving a verification SMS for your Mi Account : -

• Your carrier thinks it's spam. If you've reported similar messages as spam in the past, you're carrier may be blocking the verification SMS. So please contact your carrier and make sure they're not blocking the verification SMS.
  • Your phone thinks it's spam. Your phone's current block list settings may be preventing you from receiving the verification SMS. So please check your phone's block list settings.
  • Your browser's security settings may not allow cookies from third-party websites. So please make sure your browser's security settings allow for cookies from third-party sites. For example in Chrome, you can change this setting in Settings > Show advanced settings > Content settings
  • You've exceeded the daily limit of SMS for your Mi Account. Every Mi Account is limited to 10 SMS per day. That is, we can't send more than 10 SMS to your phone every day. In this case, please wait 24 hours and try again.
  • Network issues. Because of network issues in your region, the SMS may take a bit longer to reach your phone. So please wait a minute or two and try again.

Should you have any queries, feel free to write to us. We'll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you for being a valued customer. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Anant

Welcome to Xiaomi Customer Support!

I understand your concern and will surely provide you the information.

I would like to request you that please click on forgot password option without entering email id and password and then provide mi account id in place of email id/phone number and click on not working option you will get an option to enter new contact number.

Should you have any queries, feel free to write to us. We'll be glad to assist you further.

Best Regards

Binoy

Xiaomi Customer Support

Greetings from Xiaomi!

I understand your concern and would like to inform you that first of all you ought to change your contact number in order to change your MI account details.

I would request you to follow below mentioned steps in order to resolve your issue:

• Click on Sign in
  • Enter your mobile number
  • Click on forget password
  • Enter your MI account id
  • Click on next
  • Click on not working
  • Click on manual verification
  • Click in Get Started
  • Enter your country code
  • Enter your another mobile number
  • Enter verification code
  • Click on send

Hope this helps. Should you have any queries, feel free to write to us. We'll be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

Binoy

Xiaomi Customer Support

I understand your concern and will surely provide you the information.

I would request you to perform the below mentioned steps of manual verification:

1. Please visit the link https://account.xiaomi.com using PC/laptop

2. Select "Forgot Password"

3. Choose the "Reset Password"

4. Enter your ID of Mi Account

5. Select "Not Working?"

6. Select "Manual Verification"

7. Select "Get Started"

8. It will appear "Reset Security Question"

9. Enter the new phone number that will be used to get the verification code

10. Select "Send"

Best Regards

Binoy

Xiaomi Customer Support

Greetings from Xiaomi!

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would request to try changing the contact number after somtime.

Please get in touch with us if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Binoy

Xiaomi Customer Support

If I try to change my number today I get same message....
None of those options have worked.....
27dfcc58c3031270499b7231329e008b.jpg
Horrible

Finally today I received an SMS saying " Your Identity has been verified you sent a request on 12/12/2016" and I was able to reset my password and change phone number. This was only after a very nasty email to Xiaomi Customer Service...
Here's the email I used:
service.global@xiaomi.com

Wow 4 month turn around...
I'll keep that in mind if I ever change numbers thanks.

Reactions: iamme729