How To Flash Rom

johmarjac

Members
Apr 17, 2018
Hi,

I recently bought my Mi Mix 2s from CECT-Shop and it should arrive within the next 10 days.
Unfortunately it comes with English/China ROM without Play Store installed and I want to install EU ROM from xiaomi.eu.

I already acquired permission to unlock my device and downloaded the MI Unlock Tool.
As soon as I get my device I will unlock it with that tool.

But how do I flash the EU Rom then? I only had Nexus Devices from Google before and since Pixel Devices are way to expensive imo I wanted to try Xiaomi instead.

From xiamoi's site the Mi Mix 2 gets flashed using the updater app on the phone itself, so i place the rom on internal storage and select it in the update app. Can i do that with the xiaomi.eu rom too? Or do i have to install TWRP and flash it using the recovery? Also, what is required? Wipe data? Wipe system? Please let me know that I dont want to brick my device before i even used it xD

THanks in advance

You have to flash TWRP (Polaris) within fastboot. After that place the Xiaomi.eu rom on the phone and flash it within TWRP. You will have to wipe data etc if im right. You can see the instructions in the official thread of the latest weekly build

I now read the thread.
I dont get exactly the steps there, I understand to fastboot flash recovery twrp.img but why do I have to fastboot boot twrp.img ?
As per manual this "downloads & boots" the specified kernel, but why? On Nexus device I flashed twrp recovery and restarted device into bootloader and then selected the rom to instlal and done -> restart system and finished.

why do i have to fastboot boot ? what is this

and is the twrp.img from fastboot flash recovery comand the same file as fastboot boot twrp.img? Because fastboot flash recovery flashs the twrp recovery, but fastboot boot does boot a KERNEL image, which twrp.img isnt a kernel image?!

I now read the thread.
I dont get exactly the steps there, I understand to fastboot flash recovery twrp.img but why do I have to fastboot boot twrp.img ?
As per manual this "downloads & boots" the specified kernel, but why? On Nexus device I flashed twrp recovery and restarted device into bootloader and then selected the rom to instlal and done -> restart system and finished.

why do i have to fastboot boot ? what is this

and is the twrp.img from fastboot flash recovery comand the same file as fastboot boot twrp.img? Because fastboot flash recovery flashs the twrp recovery, but fastboot boot does boot a KERNEL image, which twrp.img isnt a kernel image?!
If you restart after fastboot flash recovery command, some devices have recovery protection and it will not want your custom recovery as its recovery, for this reason after that command, fastboot boot xxx.img forces to boot/open that image on your device than, at that time, custom recovery will do necessary changes to alter device's recovery protection

SM-G965F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Reactions: johmarjac
If you restart after fastboot flash recovery command, some devices have recovery protection and it will not want your custom recovery as its recovery, for this reason after that command, fastboot boot xxx.img forces to boot/open that image on your device than, at that time, custom recovery will do necessary changes to alter device's recovery protection

SM-G965F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
Allright, thank you that makes sense.

Reactions: garfi
Which devices act that way? My mi5s-plus will accept the rom but than again I seldom flash via fastboot unless is an 'emergency'. If I can boot the cellphone, I use the program. Why bother with fastboot.

Which devices act that way? My mi5s-plus will accept the rom but than again I seldom flash via fastboot unless is an 'emergency'. If I can boot the cellphone, I use the program. Why bother with fastboot.
Which program u use?

Hi,

I recently bought my Mi Mix 2s from CECT-Shop and it should arrive within the next 10 days.
Unfortunately it comes with English/China ROM without Play Store installed and I want to install EU ROM from xiaomi.eu.

I already acquired permission to unlock my device and downloaded the MI Unlock Tool.
As soon as I get my device I will unlock it with that tool.

But how do I flash the EU Rom then?
THanks in advance

Use this detailed All-In-One for Mi Mix 2 (chiron) because the procedure is the same but please download the files for Mi Mix 2s (polaris):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2/how-to/one-xiaomi-mi-mix-2-chiron-unlock-t3785004

Last edited:
Thanks, but first i need my phone.. Its stuck in Great Britain because it was in same container which was in dangerous goods alert... It is stuck in GB since 19th april... F*** this OneWorldExpress

Thanks, but first i need my phone.. Its stuck in Great Britain because it was in same container which was in dangerous goods alert... It is stuck in GB since 19th april... F*** this OneWorldExpress
Dangerous goods? I guess the delivery must have contained some Samsung Galaxy Note 7 :)