How To Go Back From Unofficial Xiaomi.eu To Official Miui Global Stable?

TeyTers

Members
Jun 10, 2016
Hi All. Im currently using xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 beta. If i want to go back to official MIUI global stable, do I need to use MIFLASH tool? or can it be done using TWRP?

Hi All. Im currently using xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 beta. If i want to go back to official MIUI global stable, do I need to use MIFLASH tool? or can it be done using TWRP?

I did it myself via twrp, wipe cache+dalvik, worked fine with 6.8.11
Note that I installed via twrp, then rebooted via twrp to preserve twrp from being replaced by xiaomi recovery.

How to completely back to official MIUI 8 beta and purge twpr, as well as, relock bootloader

No locks if you do the installation miflash and select "flash all lock" it will lock.

what is locked bootloader useful for ? certainly not a discussion for this forum. If you want to go back to stock, please follow instructions from official site.

Reactions: heihachimaster
Using flashtool with clean all will purge all data and twpr but bootloader still in unlocked status.

Using flashtool with clean all will purge all data and twpr but bootloader still in unlocked status.
Add
Fastboot oem lock to your miflash script and it will lock.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

You can already take global 6.8.11 recovery rom and flash it over xiaomi.eu with twrp, I did it it works no data loss.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

You can already take global 6.8.11 recovery rom and flash it over xiaomi.eu with twrp, I did it it works no data loss.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Yeag - thanks.
I just wonder to stop playing around with Twpr and updating builds by flashtool and eraser all to start from the beginning.

Yeag - thanks.
I just wonder to stop playing around with Twpr and updating builds by flashtool and eraser all to start from the beginning.
if you update global via twrp and let reboot, it will reinstall original recovery and that's it, genuine OTAs will work . it you reboot twrp after install it will patch rom with twrp .

Reactions: ferhpsquad
if you update global via twrp and let reboot, it will reinstall original recovery and that's it, genuine OTAs will work . it you reboot twrp after install it will patch rom with twrp .
Yeah/
I am considering whether or not I should do it :(
stay in eu version is okie so far, but stick on global one is stable
Any suggestion?
Thanks

I think that as xiaomi.eu sticks to china rom, it is better in the end. global rom is always behind. I just moved from global 6.8.11 to 6.8.18 global and battery drain is awful, I am stepping back thanks to twrp.
So imho, twrp is a must for this mi5 that is still with bad software from xiaomi, it allows nandroid backups that you'll really use if you update.
on xiaomi.eu 6.8.18, how is battery drain this week ?

Eventually, I get back to CN Stable, also re-lock Bootloader.
My journey officially ends here.
Thanks guys.

Probably he wants to give a try with no reason

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk
I bought mi5 with Stable CN and experienced long enough to know how stability it is/
I just play around then back to CN base.