How to: Install new MIUI-Launcher with new animations

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
Hi,

download the new MIUI-Launcher (alpha build) - MIUI v11 only
The error with the space character while typing messages no longer exists and the new animations are included.
Perhaps two issues: double click on the screen to lock the screen does not work and split screen is not working

URL: MiuiHome.apk or use google-search

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ZIP-Template for installing in TWRP (updated mount routine)
I have used the version from 03-01-2020 because the version from 03-21-2020 start with force close
Installation over an app:
Installation by your own:
  • rename it on your PC or device in "MiuiHome.apk"
  • copy it to your device if the file is on your PC - as example into download
  • start TWRP or any RootExplorer on your device and mount "System-Partion" as writeable
  • copy the new "MiuiHome.apk" into memory
  • change to directory "/system/priv-app/MiuiHome"
  • rename the old "MiuiHome.apk" to "MiuiHome.apk.bkp"
  • paste the new "MiuiHome.apk" into the folder
  • set the permisson to "664" on the "MiuiHome.apk" file
  • reboot
Now you can use the new launcher with animations and correct space character while typing

Further documentation how to script can be find here or here

Regards Kater

here you can disable the visibility of the "white line"

Last edited:
Hi, I did it on my mi 8 lite, I'm in the beta of xiaomi.eu and I realized that some things are not as before, like the options above 5x6 and the global dark mode that in the last update came the option to choose the apps that would use, summary, do you know how to switch to what xiaomi.eu uses? why as I understand it is a different version of the last stable, or not? sorry english, i'm using google translator

Reactions: ethanbonehill
new update I was able to remove the updates through the app settings, but even so I feel that I am not the same version of xiaomi.eu for continuing without the options above 5x6 and the option of dark mode and discovery instead of the vault app ...

new update I was able to remove the updates through the app settings, but even so I feel that I am not the same version of xiaomi.eu for continuing without the options above 5x6 and the option of dark mode and discovery instead of the vault app ...

Hi ... I have built you a zip-File for TWRP and Mi8-Lite with the Launcher from the xiaomi.eu release 20.3.26

Regards Kater

Detailed description how I have extracted the file:
  • unzipp e.g. "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8LITE_20.3.26_v11-10.zip"
  • there are some important files, copy them into a new directory on your pc
    • system.new.dat.br
    • system.transfer.list
  • now we have to extract the "*.new.dat.br" files with "brotli"
    • brotli.exe --decompress --in system.new.dat.br --out system.new.dat
  • now we have to extract the "*.new.dat" files with "IMG_Extractor"
    • open "IMG_Extractor" and change to the tabulator "System.New.Dat"
    • choose your "system.new.dat" and the file "system.transfer.list" and click "Start
    • your "System" files are extracted to "\system\"
    • Now copy the extracted files to your phone or use my TWRP-File
      • folder: /system/priv-app/MiuiHome.apk

Last edited:
Hi ! Have install the Alpha build 4.16.0.1626 with Mix Explorer Root. It work fine but loose Google feed :-(.
Do you know if is possible to have new gestures with Google feed too.

[QUOTE = "katerpanne, post: 534837, membro: 102843"]
Oi ... Criei um arquivo zip para TWRP e Mi8-Lite com o Launcher da versão 20.3.26 do xiaomi.eu

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_XH87F-n0Kssb009s6NNJB5Ne9xIGp85 [/ URL]

Atenciosamente Kater

Descrição detalhada de como extraí o arquivo:
  • descompacte, por exemplo, "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8LITE_20.3.26_v11-10.zip"
  • existem alguns arquivos importantes, copie-os para um novo diretório no seu PC
    • system.new.dat.br
    • system.transfer.list
  • agora temos que extrair os arquivos "* .new.dat.br" com " brotli"
    • brotli.exe - descompactar - em system.new.dat.br --out system.new.dat
  • agora temos que extrair os arquivos "* .new.dat" com " IMG_Extractor"
    • abra "IMG_Extractor" e mude para o tabulador "System.New.Dat"
    • escolha seu "system.new.dat" e o arquivo "system.transfer.list" e clique em "Iniciar
    • seus arquivos "Sistema" são extraídos para "\ system \"
    • Agora copie os arquivos extraídos para o seu telefone ou use o meu arquivo TWRP
      • pasta: /system/priv-app/MiuiHome.apk
[/ CITAR]
Obrigado pela resposta,
Hi ... I have built you a zip-File for TWRP and Mi8-Lite with the Launcher from the xiaomi.eu release 20.3.26

Regards Kater

Detailed description how I have extracted the file:
  • unzipp e.g. "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8LITE_20.3.26_v11-10.zip"
  • there are some important files, copy them into a new directory on your pc
    • system.new.dat.br
    • system.transfer.list
  • now we have to extract the "*.new.dat.br" files with "brotli"
    • brotli.exe --decompress --in system.new.dat.br --out system.new.dat
  • now we have to extract the "*.new.dat" files with "IMG_Extractor"
    • open "IMG_Extractor" and change to the tabulator "System.New.Dat"
    • choose your "system.new.dat" and the file "system.transfer.list" and click "Start
    • your "System" files are extracted to "\system\"
    • Now copy the extracted files to your phone or use my TWRP-File
      • folder: /system/priv-app/MiuiHome.apk
thanks for that answer, i downloaded the zip and installed it using twrp orange fox, but apparently nothing has changed (the issue of 5x6 icons and the global dark mode with choice of icons), did I do something wrong?

[QUOTE = "katerpanne, post: 534837, membro: 102843"]
[/ CITAR]
Obrigado pela resposta,

thanks for that answer, i downloaded the zip and installed it using twrp orange fox, but apparently nothing has changed (the issue of 5x6 icons and the global dark mode with choice of icons), did I do something wrong?

Hi ...

I can only say, that this is the original MiuiHome.apk from this weekly rom.

Can you describe in more detail, what you are missing that you had before ?

Go to Settings -> Apps -> manage apps -> search for Systemlauncher -> select -> click on the right upper corner on "i" - can you paste the version infos / dates ?

Happy evening

Last edited:
Hi ...

I can only say, that this is the original MiuiHome.apk from this weekly rom.

Can you describe in more detail, what you are missing that you had before ?

Go to Settings -> Apps -> manage apps -> search for Systemlauncher -> select -> click on the right upper corner on "i" - can you paste the version infos / dates ?

Happy evening
Screenshot_2020-03-29-15-26-32-574_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

I think this is the information you asked for, right?
about the icons, see how it is ...

Screenshot_2020-03-29-15-31-13-419_com.miui.home.jpg

Hi... this means you have the newest version 2020/03/29 and there is an icon with 5x6 ....

I dont understand what are you missing ?

Can you tell me in which version everything was running as you expect ?

Hi... this means you have the newest version 2020/03/29 and there is an icon with 5x6 ....

I dont understand what are you missing ?

Can you tell me in which version everything was running as you expect ?
thank you in advance for trying to help as much as possible what I'm missing are options above 5x6, unfortunately I didn't realize if the previous version was different ... other than that, even being in the last weekly rom, for me there is no choice of apps in global dark mode (it was implemented last week), but if you don't know what it might be, don't worry, before your topic I was already making changes on the miui launcher, so I'm the one who is wrong. ^^
be49b1cddebc909562042492a12b748b.jpg

Enviado de meu MI 8 Lite usando o Tapatalk

complement... I realize that the weekly updates are not changing the miui launcher, because I was using the last alpha (she does not come in the last weekly rom) and when I updated it was not removed, it continued with the alpha I was using, I installed this alpha at app_sai via root, is that why?

Enviado de meu MI 8 Lite usando o Tapatalk

It works only on 11.2?
I have installed this on my Mi9T pro with 11.0.8 stable, but the gesture bar doesn't apear. The launcher looks a bit diferent, but i can't find how can I enable gesture bar

It works only on 11.2?
I have installed this on my Mi9T pro with 11.0.8 stable, but the gesture bar doesn't apear. The launcher looks a bit diferent, but i can't find how can I enable gesture bar

Hi... on my MI9 weekly beta everything is working well ... what do you mean with "gesture bar" ? Do you mean the white line on the bottom ?

You can enable / disable it here ... MI9 screenshot

Reactions: danilomazzaro
Hi... on my MI9 weekly beta everything is working well ... what do you mean with "gesture bar" ? Do you mean the white line on the bottom ?

You can enable / disable it here ... MI9 screenshot

View attachment 28987
Exactly. To see this I do the last beta 20.3.27 update on my Mi9T pro and flash a zip on this thread, but on every step, this option to activate a white bar doesn't appear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-04-10-37-18-138_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-04-10-37-18-138_com.android.settings.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 431
Exactly. To see this I do the last beta 20.3.27 update on my Mi9T pro and flash a zip on this thread, but on every step, this option to activate a white bar doesn't appear.

Hi... please flash it again and then in TWRP - Advanced - Copy Logfile and paste it (recovery.log) or copy it manually ....

Hi... please flash it again and then in TWRP - Advanced - Copy Logfile and paste it (recovery.log) or copy it manually ....
Thanks for your support
I did what you sayed, and analyzing the recovery.log I see an error like:
"Can't create a target file, .......apk: System Read only"
I did the manual procedure and it works like a charm.
PS: I did with last MiuiHome from apk mirror and I got FC, but when I did with .apk from your .zip, it worked perfectly. Obviously is an alpha and have a minor issues, but is awesome.

Reactions: katerpanne
Thanks for your support
I did what you sayed, and analyzing the recovery.log I see an error like:
"Can't create a target file, .......apk: System Read only"
I did the manual procedure and it works like a charm.
PS: I did with last MiuiHome from apk mirror and I got FC, but when I did with .apk from your .zip, it worked perfectly. Obviously is an alpha and have a minor issues, but is awesome.

Could it be that you mount system-partition in TWRP as read only :) With the newest one I have got an FC as well.

I found a new way to test alpha builds with no FC
First of all, it's only works on miui EU (it's not a problem over here xD)

You will need
->A Magisk Installed (I will show you how you can do a fast install)
->A MiuiHome apk (I'm using a 4.17.0.1656-04011850), but it works with any newer versions)
->SAI app (you can download it on Google Play Store)

Obs: if you have a bank app access issues because of Magisk, you can uninstall Magisk after you can do all steps, and I will show you how

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A MAGISK PROPERLY INTALLED, YOU CAN GO TO 3º STEP

1º you will download a most recent Magisk zip.
You can search over here: https://magiskmanager.com/
I'm using this version to do this tutorial: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v20.4/Magisk-v20.4.zip

2º You will flash "Magisk-v20.4.zip" (or another that you downloaded) and reboot your device. One app "Magisk Manager" will apears on your home after a few seconds after bootup.
Obs: the first boot after you install magisk takes some time, a minute or two.

SC1 MAGISK.jpg

3º Install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aefyr.sai

SC2 SAI.jpg

On SAI, you will go to: Settings (a gear icon on right botom side) -> installer (a hashtag icon) and you will select "rooted (requires root)".
Obs: you did installed a magisk only to get a root access. I chose this method because its a simple to install and revert if you need.

SC3 SAI ROOT.jpg

4º You will click on installer option on SAI (its a "Y" arrow on bottom) and you will select "install APKs". Go to Miui LAuncher file that you have downloaded. After you select a properly apk, SAI will ask for root access, you will grant and a app will be installed.

SC4 SAI ROOT ASK.jpg

Now you will have a last MIUI launcher available.

If you have a bank app issues (more bank apps can stop to work if your device have a root, and actualy have some methods to baypass it, but I'm prefer uninstall nay mod to get bank apps and Gpay working) I will show how many easy and fast is to uninstall Magisk and all will work again.

1º Open magisk manager, click on uninstall -> complete uninstall
Your phone will automatically download a zip package, reboot and all root, magisk is gone, BUT YOUR NEW MIUI LAUNCHER ARE NOT REMOVED.

SC5 MAGISK UNINSTALL.jpgSC6 MAGISK UNINSTALL COMPLETE.jpg

Reactions: iKmaster01
Another way to bypass the xiaomi.eu message of installing system apps from non secure sources is installing via ADB installer, just use a few command lines and your app is installed. I use this to install the launcher, and also the security app to get acess to the video toolbox, but now i lose the ultra battery economy function and a couple of another functions, and probably I will re-flash the room tonight if I dont find the xiaomi.eu default security app
Also sorry for any error, non english speaker here