How to Install the China Version of the MIUI Gallery App?

EVEtab

Members
May 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

I've been a long-time user of Xiaomi devices and currently using the Xiaomi 13 with the xiaomi.eu ROM. I really appreciate the work done by xiaomi.eu in porting the ROM from the China version, and I understand why the Global version of the Gallery app is preferred by many users.However, I personally prefer the classic China version of the MIUI Gallery app, especially since I rely on Xiaomi Cloud services for contacts, notes, and photo backups.

Does anyone here know how to install the China version of the MIUI Gallery app on a device running the xiaomi.eu ROM? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

There is no way to do that without root and a custom Magisk module.
Thanks for the information!

I just want to know if rooting will cause any data loss.

If it doesn’t, I'll search the forum for more details about rooting and proceed with rooting my phone.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

I went through some rooting tutorials, and it seems like rooting could solve my issue. However, some of the banking apps I use don't allow rooted devices, so that might not be an option for me.

It looks like downgrading my phone to an older version of the MIUI EU ROM that includes the Chinese version of the Gallery app might be the only way. If anyone has any alternative methods to help me back up my Gallery content to Xiaomi Cloud, I would be incredibly grateful. I’ve already subscribed to the Xiaomi Cloud service, so I really want to make use of it.

Thank you all in advance for any suggestions!

Hi everyone,

I've been a long-time user of Xiaomi devices and currently using the Xiaomi 13 with the xiaomi.eu ROM. I really appreciate the work done by xiaomi.eu in porting the ROM from the China version, and I understand why the Global version of the Gallery app is preferred by many users.However, I personally prefer the classic China version of the MIUI Gallery app, especially since I rely on Xiaomi Cloud services for contacts, notes, and photo backups.

Does anyone here know how to install the China version of the MIUI Gallery app on a device running the xiaomi.eu ROM? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!
Ummm get the apk from a mirror site like pure or mirror?