How to Port to HTC HERO CDMA

Hero is capable of running, your issue will be resizing all imagery and getting it to work on an MDPI devices. MIUI was only built for high-res devices.

I don't have a hero but I could give this a shot. Youbare going to lose some detail on some of the textures but otherwise it should be possible.

Sent from my Desire CDMA using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I don't have a hero but I could give this a shot. Youbare going to lose some detail on some of the textures but otherwise it should be possible.

If you can that'd be great :) Would just be nice to get it working on the Hero, we can then iron out the other image issues after, if any.

go for it please, really appreciate it

Would love to see it on Hero. will help out where i can

Sent from my Basterized Miui EVO

Yes!

I've been waiting for this! I'd LOVE to see this ROM on our Heros and I'd be happy to help in anyway possible. I have some basic theming abilities and would love to contribute in any way needed! There are lots of people on XDA who are interested in this, but no one has undertaken it yet. Let's keep the momentum rolling on this and make it happen! I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd be willing to help, if only someone had the know-how to get things started. Thanks for this!

The first thing we need is all the images converted to mdpi resolution. 'Theme Porter' can do this for all of them bar the .9.png's (program link on page 1 of this thread), and won't take long as it does it for you. The .9.png's will have to be done manually, which takes the time, and I am not sure I have the time to do that. if someone can patch those files then we should be on the way.

If 'Theme Porter' doesn't do it, and if anyone has a Mac you can try this. Again it won't do the .9.png's but should do the rest.

Going to try and port to mdpi tonight. We'll see how far I get... might need to call in some favors from the rest of you so we can finish this port quickly.

Sent from my Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Going to try and port to mdpi tonight. We'll see how far I get... might need to call in some favors from the rest of you so we can finish this port quickly.

Sent from my Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

@ mschmitt01 Thanks for taking this on. Please don't hesitate to ask for help. We all want this and are willing to help in any way we can.

@ Everyone: I posted a thread on XDA letting everyone know that we have started taking on this project, and hopefully that will generate interest, and devs, and help! If you want to see the thread, it's here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9550680#post9550680

@ mschmitt01 - I was searching around on the G1 forums, cuz I was sure that by now someone would've already had ported this ROM, but alas they have not. In fact, they saw this thread and they are excited that you've started porting it, and now they're hoping to use the work you do to create their own G1 version. Just wanted to encourage you that people everywhere are waiting for someone to be a Hero (pun intended) and step up and port this ROM. All eyes are on you. ;) Just kidding. But ya...I thought that was cool and wanted to spur you on. :)

@ ermacwins... I don't think the ROMS will be the same, but the mdpi png files will definitely work on both GSM and CDMA...but you can't use one ROM for both phones...they have different coding to work on the different wireless systems.

@ermacwin - I think once the images are ported it shouldn't be too much trouble for someone to then port the CDMA version to GSM or maybe even the Dev's here can do it :)

THIS IS CDMA ONLY!!!

Okay. I have a VERY VERY VERY beta version built using CM6 as a base. Theme Porter seemed to do the job but there is no way for me to tell without someone attempting to flash it. I can not stress this enough, this may BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!. I take no responsibility if it does! Maybe somebody has a busted up spare around to try first. Do a nandroid backup so if it does brick at least you can restore life back. If it works, GREAT, if it doesn't we'll need to rip it apart. You might get the CM bootscreen, not sure. Let me know. This was a 15 minute rip n' strip... Please post feedback ASAP to tell others if its at all stable or not. We don't need the whole Hero army bricking for the next few days...

Here you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/-------/miui-0.12.02.0-heroc.rar
****LINK REMOVED UNTIL BETTER PROGRESS IS MADE****

@ mschmitt01 So, you just used the theme porter and it worked alright? That was pretty quick! Since it's based on CM6.1, it's really only a theme at this point...right? Not the actual MIUI Rom with all the functions...right? Good/quick work my friend! Thanks for really taking this one by the horns!

THIS IS CDMA ONLY!!!

Okay. I have a VERY VERY VERY beta version built using CM6 as a base. Theme Porter seemed to do the job but there is no way for me to tell without someone attempting to flash it. I can not stress this enough, this may BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!. I take no responsibility if it does! Maybe somebody has a busted up spare around to try first. Do a nandroid backup so if it does brick at least you can restore life back. If it works, GREAT, if it doesn't we'll need to rip it apart. You might get the CM bootscreen, not sure. Let me know. This was a 15 minute rip n' strip... Please post feedback ASAP to tell others if its at all stable or not. We don't need the whole Hero army bricking for the next few days...

Here you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/434590675/miui-0.12.02.0-heroc.rar

Error Status 6. Can't flash .rar only .zip. So I copied your .rar data to a old rom (emptied) in 7zip and still couldn't flash error 6. Let me know when its flashable and I will test.