How to Port to HTC HERO CDMA

Wow. I must have really been using my brain last night. I can't believe I packed it into a rar instead of a zip. What by meant by cm6 base was the hero kernel. It still has the same framework and apps etc as miui. I hate to say it but we might need to wait for someone who actually has a device. Sorry guys.

Sent from my Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Error Status 6. Can't flash .rar only .zip. So I copied your .rar data to a old rom (emptied) in 7zip and still couldn't flash error 6. Let me know when its flashable and I will test.

Will probably need to be resigned once being put into .zip

Wow. I must have really been using my brain last night. I can't believe I packed it into a rar instead of a zip. What by meant by cm6 base was the hero kernel. It still has the same framework and apps etc as miui. I hate to say it but we might need to wait for someone who actually has a device. Sorry guys.

Hey Mschmitt! That's great! So it's the MIUI ROM with a CDMA Hero Kernel, right? Why don't you send me the files, and I'll turn it into a flashable zip and test it.

-alex

Hey Mschmitt! That's great! So it's the MIUI ROM with a CDMA Hero Kernel, right? Why don't you send me the files, and I'll turn it into a flashable zip and test it.

-alex
I'll send you a link with files for rapishare when I get home. Look for a pm around 6pm cst...

I'll send you a link with files for rapishare when I get home. Look for a pm around 6pm cst...

Ok. Thanks.

I heard from some other users that there is actually a lot more to it than just transfering the image files. They said that MIUI rom was built on an arm7 processor and ours is an arm6, so that means we're gonna have a ton of coding to do. Do you know how to do that stuff?

Ok. Thanks.

I heard from some other users that there is actually a lot more to it than just transfering the image files. They said that MIUI rom was built on an arm7 processor and ours is an arm6, so that means we're gonna have a ton of coding to do. Do you know how to do that stuff?

As far as coding I'm pretty new to aosp. I understand kernels and all. As far coding, I would think the only things to be done would be framework, apps, hdpi to mdpi conversion and a suitable kernel. I know the cm6 kernel for hero should be mostly compatable. But if someone else wants to tear through it go for it. I certainly do not have the experience of other dev's around here. Dphase may have some users who can really turn this port into a reality. Ill try and do whatever i can. But all help is welcome... seriously, bring the experience if you (anyone) have it. I'm trying here but this is a learning experience for me with a device other than the desire. I hope I can still help provide something for others.

As far as coding I'm pretty new to aosp. I understand kernels and all. As far coding, I would think the only things to be done would be framework, apps, hdpi to mdpi conversion and a suitable kernel. I know the cm6 kernel for hero should be mostly compatable. But if someone else wants to tear through it go for it. I certainly do not have the experience of other dev's around here. Dphase may have some users who can really turn this port into a reality. Ill try and do whatever i can. But all help is welcome... seriously, bring the experience if you (anyone) have it. I'm trying here but this is a learning experience for me with a device other than the desire. I hope I can still help provide something for others.

Ya...don't be discouraged...let's see what we can do about getting this thing working. I tried converting the pngs to mdpi, but the program was being a little wacky. I'm working on a big paper right now, so when I finish I'll try again. How did you convert the 9.pngs? By hand? or did the theme porter program convert them fine?

What is your next step in tackling this beast? and what can i do to help?

Where is Bcnice? he said he'd be willing to help too.

Is there something we can do to help ? I have "0" developing skills but I'm willing to learn and help...;)

EDIT : OK, apparently, there are people over at xda working on this too...

Okay, we're closing in on getting everything ported to mdpi. What we now need is for an experienced dev to take what we have and get it to work on the Hero. Anybody willing and able to help us out? Or know of anybody they can ask?

people at xda-developers have completed porting the pngs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=858935

So now that the PNG files have been successfuly ported the only thing I would really need is an actual piece of hero hardware. I finally have time again. So my question to the the forum is does anyone have a spare hero cdma that I can have for testing? Pm me if you can help...

Not without hardware in hand. Sorry.

Sent from my MIUI Mesmerize - miui.us - xda-developers.com - miuiandroid.com