How to Update Joyeuse EU ROM from 11.0.4.0 to 11.0.7.0?

Trxtan2

Members
Sep 26, 2020
I have only updated to 11.0.4.0 because they have released fastboot versions from the mentioned version. I am willing to install the unofficial TWRP for Joyeuse (or Curtana, as I have read) because there is no official TWRP yet. I only have a problem with the requirement of deleting all my phone's storage to install the TWRP because I have important files on my phone, and it's inconvenient for me to delete everything just like what I did to install from Stock to EU Rom. Any help regarding my issue is much appreciated. Better if they rerelease fastboot versions. Is it also confirmed that the call recording function is removed from 11.0.7.0?

I installed twrp when I was on 11.0.4.0 and after that I installed 11.0.5.0. I didn't wipe data at this process so I haven't any data loss.

Reactions: Trxtan2
The process of installing a custom recovery should not delete your data.

Nor will upgrading a recovery ROM, (dirty flashing), unless you choose to do it.inyentionally for some unusual reason.

Edit: And be careful with the TWRP that you choose to install.
There are a few different builds out there, and some of the early ones will allow Curtana ROMs to be incorrectly flashed on Joyeuse resulting in a possible hard brick.

I just upgraded my firmware using the TWRP from here and without problems, everything is super fine. Even Magisk is running like a charm.

Guys thank you for all the help. It is just sad that I have attempted not to perform the Format Data but in doing so it keeps rebooting to the opening sequence thus making it unable to open to system.

Guys thank you for all the help. It is just sad that I have attempted not to perform the Format Data but in doing so it keeps rebooting to the opening sequence thus making it unable to open to system.
Are you able to get back into your custom recovery?

If so, then find the file manager and navigate to the /sdcard directory. If the subdirectories look like junk names then it suggests that your custom recovery isn't able to decrypt data.

In that case, it would be trying a different, (hopefully a newer version), custom recovery and dirty flashing the ROM again.

Formatting is definitely not necessary for upgrading from.04 to .07.

Are you able to get back into your custom recovery?

If so, then find the file manager and navigate to the /sdcard directory. If the subdirectories look like junk names then it suggests that your custom recovery isn't able to decrypt data.

In that case, it would be trying a different, (hopefully a newer version), custom recovery and dirty flashing the ROM again.

Formatting is definitely not necessary for upgrading from.04 to .07.
Yes I was able to return back to custom recovery. True, there are a lot of junk names on my internal storage so I formatted the data then install 11.0.5 zip file for Joyeuse. Then I was able to reboot it to system.

I also had updated my Custom Recovery to Mauronofrio's Latest TWRP for Curtana which is also applicable to Joyeuse.

Now that I have the TWRP can I update to 11.0.7 from the Settings or TRWP Install Zip Option without formatting my data?

Yes I was able to return back to custom recovery. True, there are a lot of junk names on my internal storage so I formatted the data then install 11.0.5 zip file for Joyeuse. Then I was able to reboot it to system.

I also had updated my Custom Recovery to Mauronofrio's Latest TWRP for Curtana which is also applicable to Joyeuse.

Now that I have the TWRP can I update to 11.0.7 from the Settings or TRWP Install Zip Option without formatting my data?
I haven't tested that version of TWRP myself but haven't seen any problems reported in the Telegram channels either.

You should be safe with that one.