How to update ROM

IsaacEU

Members
Jul 5, 2018
Is there a way to update the weekly ROM without losing data? Can I update it with the updater app?

Reactions: EdgarG
Is the "OTA" Option working using the updater app or do I have to download the ROM manually each time?

Hi

I have another question about updates :

when Miui 10 will be available for Santoni, will OTA be ok ? I mean, will it be possible to upgrade from last miui 9 build to new miui 10 build, just by flashing from OTA/recovery ?

Hi

I have another question about updates :

when Miui 10 will be available for Santoni, will OTA be ok ? I mean, will it be possible to upgrade from last miui 9 build to new miui 10 build, just by flashing from OTA/recovery ?
Download the firmware (you can use OTA), drop it into the phone's memory, run Update, select the file with firmware, refuse formatting Date and wait for completion and download.
Screenshot_2018-07-14-23-11-42-983_com.android.settings.png

hola, tengo un problema, al actualizar a miui 10 al reiniciar el movil me pide la contraseña de la cuenta mi para seguir, pero cuando la pongo me dice que el dispositivo no está conectado a internet y no tengo la opción de escribir la contraseña de la wlan para conectarme al wifi (o mejor dicho no se abre el teclado en cuando me pide la clave wlan) con lo cual no puedo desbloquear el movil
he vuelto a miui 9 pero me encuentro con el mismo problema pero ahora ni me sale la opción de la wifi
como lo puedo arreglar?
gracias

hola, tengo un problema, al actualizar a miui 10 al reiniciar el movil me pide la contraseña de la cuenta mi para seguir, pero cuando la pongo me dice que el dispositivo no está conectado a internet y no tengo la opción de escribir la contraseña de la wlan para conectarme al wifi (o mejor dicho no se abre el teclado en cuando me pide la clave wlan) con lo cual no puedo desbloquear el movil
he vuelto a miui 9 pero me encuentro con el mismo problema pero ahora ni me sale la opción de la wifi
como lo puedo arreglar?
gracias
Hello from Russia! Sorry for my English. And so, I think it's worth trying through the TWRP to format the Date section, to clear the cache dalvik/apt, the authorization information should be deleted. Therefore, the error must disappear.

Hello from Russia! Sorry for my English. And so, I think it's worth trying through the TWRP to format the Date section, to clear the cache dalvik/apt, the authorization information should be deleted. Therefore, the error must disappear.
gracias

Updater app - menu - select installation zip - reboot - done..
I am also facing the same problem recently! I am in xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 beta 8.7.29 ROM! Can I directly update it to recent 8.10.18 version through recovery mode? Or I need to update previous versions first?
Another question: How can I be sure that my ROM is a real xiaomi.eu ROM, not fake? It seems to me a fake ROM (I am not sure if I am talking weird!) because I don't find any version like 8.7.29 here, rather found 8.7.26! But in updater app it always showing the recent available updated version which I can't download!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-21-21-50-02-621_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-21-21-50-02-621_com.android.settings.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 906
  • Screenshot_2018-10-21-21-50-23-701_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-21-21-50-23-701_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 1,160
Last edited:
I am also facing the same problem recently! I am in xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 beta 8.7.29 ROM! Can I directly update it to recent 8.10.18 version through recovery mode? Or I need to update previous versions first?
Another question: How can I be sure that my ROM is a real xiaomi.eu ROM, not fake? It seems to me a fake ROM (I am not sure if I am talking weird!) because I don't find any version like 8.7.29 here, rather found 8.7.29! But in updater app it always showing the recent available updated version which I can't download!
Good day. Sorry for my English. Any fresh version is perfectly installed via TWRP without the need for intermediate versions. The originality of the package and compliance with the version of the smartphone is checked by the system during installation! That is - checksums, hash and version of ROM. Left ROM system will not accept! I usually download for myself from https://androidfilehost.com/

Sí, tengo una pregunta, cada semana para realizar una copia de seguridad hay widgets que no van, hay que borrar y volver a poner. Si tienes que desinstalar y volver a descargar. A alguien más le pasa? Se puede evitar que pase? Gracias

Perdón, digo que al actualizar el dispositivo se bloquean lad aplicaciones y tengo que desinstalarlas y volver a instalar

Hey everybody, can i go directly from MI8 SE MIUI 10 8.8.23 weekly to 9.3.21 through Updater App? Or is TWRP needed to go from 8.x to 9.x ?

TWRP or Updater should not make a difference, the updater reboots in twrp and is doing the stuff you would do manually as far as i know.
But since there is quite a long time between the roms you maybe will get problems because of that or have to update firmware of the mobile first

I would start TWRP, make a full(!) backup and just try it to be honest..... if it´s not working you can restore everything without any loss with that

TWRP or Updater should not make a difference, the updater reboots in twrp and is doing the stuff you would do manually as far as i know.
But since there is quite a long time between the roms you maybe will get problems because of that or have to update firmware of the mobile first

I would start TWRP, make a full(!) backup and just try it to be honest..... if it´s not working you can restore everything without any loss with that

Thanks for your quick answer! So my plan will be: make system, data and boot backup with TWRP and copy the whole data folder to my pc since TWRP does not backup internal storage files

Then i will do the direct update to 9.3.x with TWRP. The next small updates then will be done by Updater. Thanks!

Have you made sure that the TWRP image you are flashing has the same name in the command line as the actual file name? I ran into that problem and had to rename the TWRP image from "Recovery.img" to "TWRP.img" otherwise it wouldn't work..? Good luck

Hola ... Buenas noches buenos dias.
¿Seguirá la actualización de la versión beta de la versión oficial? Ayuda
Al aire libre

How to update the EU stable version? Do I need to flash it or can I just use the regular update feature in settings?
You simply have to flash it in TWRP and reboot. ;)

You can also use the Updater app to download latest ROM but it will maybe not automatically flash it in TWRP and, if it's the case, you will have to flash it in TWRP. :)

You simply have to flash it in TWRP and reboot. ;)

You can also use the Updater app to download latest ROM but it will maybe not automatically flash it in TWRP and, if it's the case, you will have to flash it in TWRP. :)
Thanks for your help. I won't lose any data or pictures etc will I?
When I installed it initially i did a wipe I guess it is same process minus the wipe?

It's an awesome Rom and thank you for the great work devs.

I have question. Why i can't update on OTA in K40 pro it's says "all mirrors are currently offline". Mine is currently 12.5.4.0. The today's stable version is 12.5.5.0. I'm lazy doing fastboot. Is the fastboot and twrp are the only way to update?

My apologies and sincerely yours.

It's an awesome Rom and thank you for the great work devs.

I have question. Why i can't update on OTA in K40 pro it's says "all mirrors are currently offline". Mine is currently 12.5.4.0. The today's stable version is 12.5.5.0. I'm lazy doing fastboot. Is the fastboot and twrp are the only way to update?

My apologies and sincerely yours.
"You are lazy doing fastboot" but the latest Stable ROM by Xiaomi.eu for your device is a "fastboot" ROM... ^^

That's why the Updater app can't download the latest ROM, because it's a "fastboot" ROM. ;)

Download the ROM from a computer then install it via the fastboot "update" script. :)

Reactions: Armsil and JiaiJ