How To Upgrade Firmware?

SeanKent

Members
Apr 30, 2023
Hi all, sorry if this is a silly question. I tried searching and couldn't find anything. I just don't want to brick my device.

I purchased a Mi 11 Ultra from Trading Shenzhen. I opted for them to flash it for me, and they advised it would be stable TWRP. Looking at my settings, the current version is: V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM.

It's now showing that there is an upgrade available (V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM). Am I able to simply click the upgrade button and let it do its work? Or do I have to plug my phone into a PC and do it manually?

If there are any other details I can provide to give more clarity let me know. I'd really appreciate the help! Thank you

Hi all, sorry if this is a silly question. I tried searching and couldn't find anything. I just don't want to brick my device.

I purchased a Mi 11 Ultra from Trading Shenzhen. I opted for them to flash it for me, and they advised it would be stable TWRP. Looking at my settings, the current version is: V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM.

It's now showing that there is an upgrade available (V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM). Am I able to simply click the upgrade button and let it do its work? Or do I have to plug my phone into a PC and do it manually?

If there are any other details I can provide to give more clarity let me know. I'd really appreciate the help! Thank you
Can you confirm if you are on Xiaomi.eu's firmware?

You might be on the official Xiaomi firmware.

Go to your 'My Device' screen. Any mention of 'Xiaomi.eu' ?

Sharing my screen for reference.
96ebcca90676841a870e3783eb8ed66d.jpg

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Reactions: JiaiJ
Can you confirm if you are on Xiaomi.eu's firmware?

You might be on the official Xiaomi firmware.

Go to your 'My Device' screen. Any mention of 'Xiaomi.eu' ?

Sharing my screen for reference.
96ebcca90676841a870e3783eb8ed66d.jpg

--
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can confirm. See attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-06-08-07-43-766_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-06-08-07-43-766_com.android.settings.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 188
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can confirm. See attached
Yes you should be able to update directly by clicking update or by clicking the 3 dots and choosing one of the options there.

Or you could update using fastboot method (using your PC).

It should be pretty much straight forward. In the case, you are updating using custom recovery (TWRP), pls ensure you have the latest TWRP installed.

--

Yes you should be able to update directly by clicking update or by clicking the 3 dots and choosing one of the options there.

Or you could update using fastboot method (using your PC).

It should be pretty much straight forward. In the case, you are updating using custom recovery (TWRP), pls ensure you have the latest TWRP installed.

--
Thank you again. I'll try and do it via the phone as I wouldn't have the first clue how to do the fastboot method. Only thing is, I'm unsure if I have the latest TWRP installed - I got it directly from Shenzhen and haven't done any updates since I bought it from them in October. Any idea how I could check?

… Any idea how I could check?
Boot to recovrey and check the version number, then compare with the link in this tutorial.
ROM installation instructions are here in the very first post:

Latest Firmware is included in our ROM updates.. No need to install it manually..