[HowTo] Install Recovery image

can the new rom for Mi 10 Ultra be installed with 3.4xxx twrp? because in the provided links for new versions, there are no files in the folders. When I try to install the rom with the 3.4 twrp I do not see the zip in the internal storrage....

Attachments

• 1664119647075.png
    1664119647075.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Thought I would mention that (at least for my case) this line in the instructions was wrong: "- type "fastboot.exe reboot recovery" (without "")", I had to type: "fastboot.exe boot twrp.img".

Thought I would mention that (at least for my case) this line in the instructions was wrong: "- type "fastboot.exe reboot recovery" (without "")", I had to type: "fastboot.exe boot twrp.img".
did you flash twrp before ?

where can i find "eu rom stable" that would be flashed with the new twrp ofthe android 12?
the link is in the first post of this topic…

Download xiaomi.eu recovery rom
- download recovery image for your phone to PC
-> choose stable or weekly like you want or need

and this as well as @JiaiJ mentioned

Fastboot or Recovery rom
- xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V12.5.10.0.RJJCNXM_v12-11.zip -> no fastboot in filename -> recovery rom / twrp
- xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V13.0.4.0.SJJCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip -> fastboot in filename -> fastboot rom

Reactions: jaballarin
did you flash twrp before ?
Yes, followed the steps. "reboot" is somehow not accepted as cmd in the linked fastboot.exe. I can post the prompt output if it's helpful to improve the instructions.

EDIT: (fastboot version eac51f2bb6a8-android)
1664265515185.png

UPDATE: It seems that the "reboot" cmd is context dependent, and that I moved to another shell when I did the reboot cmd. My guess is that you have to flash from the same shell as you issue the "reboot" cmd? In any case, I guess the result will be the same.
I appreciate the feedback to my post, and the effort spent by everyone involved making this distribution, well done, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
2) if you update with TWRP you must first boot to TWRP for A12 by using the fastboot command:
fastboot boot name-of-twrp.img - to only boot first into TWRP for A12 (without installing it)
i dont understand it . if i want to replace my old twrp to the new one with the android 12 so i can flash the rom , how will i write the command in the cmd ?
fastboot boot_(space bar)3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v3.7_A12-star-skkk_7bb5f333.img ?
anddddd should i put the twrp file in the phone , "download" directory, before writing the command and connecting the phone to my pc?
?

Since always restoring a TWRP backup was a simple thing to do, however with Mi10 I always get a recovery bootloop. No matter what I do I can not restore my data, or system, or whatever.

I made a backup with everything selected just in case. Then I flashed the same rom from the backup and restored the backup I created, but it always go to recovery bootloop.
Any ideas?

Since always restoring a TWRP backup was a simple thing to do, however with Mi10 I always get a recovery bootloop. No matter what I do I can not restore my data, or system, or whatever.

I made a backup with everything selected just in case. Then I flashed the same rom from the backup and restored the backup I created, but it always go to recovery bootloop.
Any ideas?
as mentioned before.. restore from older versions sometimes will not work. restore only contacts and photos.

as mentioned before.. restore from older versions sometimes will not work. restore only contacts and photos.
How do you mean from older version?

I made a backup today, i was on a stock global rom. Then I played a little bit with the Xiaomi.eu and flashed the stock image again, then tried to restore the backup.

How do you mean from older version?

I made a backup today, i was on a stock global rom. Then I played a little bit with the Xiaomi.eu and flashed the stock image again, then tried to restore the backup.
that is what I have mentioned… I only restore contacts and photos. My experience is that if I restore more.. I have more challenges.

Hmmm, thanks...

Is this some Xiaomi thing, or TWRP backup/restore does not work anymore?
I think it depends on apps and the updates in the rom. sometimes the restore will work and sometimes not. so I have decided for me not to restore all apps and older settings. its up to you

Is there a "How To" guide for Mac Computers somewhere? I really need help with that...
look here and adapt it…

Reactions: Tecalote and JiaiJ