HowTo: Mi9 Xiaomi.eu back to Global Rom and ReLock Bootloader

deepblue2000

Members
Apr 14, 2017
so...I had a Mi9 Global (cepheus) and unlocked the bootloader to use the latest xiaomi.eu rom (Miui 9.9.6),
last week the Mi9 is fallen down and the display is broken. To sell it easier, I decided to flash the global rom and lock the bootloader again..
(I already bought a new one ;) )

so if anyone want to do the same, here is how to do it:

1. check antivar status of your Mi9:
Code:
fastboot getvar anti
my result was: anti: 1 (this is important)

2. download the global V10.2.13.0.PFAMIXM rom:
Code:
https://mifirm.net/download/3203
and extract it (winrar/7zip)

3. open the flash_all.bat and check the antivar status in the top line
(in this rom it is: set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=1)

So AntiVar of my Mi9 and the Global Rom are equal !

If antivir is smaller or equal it is safe to flash the global rom !

download MiFlashTool (I used this one)
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/utcln153ndvlwufev5pja6k87wdg7zid
unzip, install and start it

5. start your Mi9 in fastboot mode (power + volume down) and connect it to your PC

6. in MiFlash click refresh, then "browse" and choose the extracted rom dir (cepheus_global_images_V10.2.13.0.PFAMIXM_20190709.0000.00_9.0_global)

7. go to Advanced, and change the first line fastboot script to flash_all_lock.bat

8. you are ready now, click on "flash" and wait about 330 seconds, then you are done.

Your Mi9 is now on global rom again with locked bootloader.

You can do it with other Mi Phones too, but it is always necessary to check antivar before, that the result is smaller or equal !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mali2 and iamme729
Please, could you explain, what does "AntiVar" means? I don't know this.

I just did this. Apparently I can't wait for the MIUI 11 EU. Without system wide dark mode, the battery life doesn't meet my expectations. I barely get 5 hours SoT in 24 hours per charge. With system wide dark mode in global, the SoT increases by 2 hours more. I install magisk then adaway through f-droid so the ads don't really bother me, though surprisingly it's still there in a few places. I'll be back to EU when MIUI 11 gets released.

I intend unlocking the bootloader this week.. is there anything I should note before doing it in case I want to lock it again?

Example. Anti rollback value or anything else I need to save?