In Progress HOX, 3.1.25 Lock Screen freezes phone

luisnomad

Members
Oct 18, 2012
Hi all,

This is the first bug I report. I have tried to find a solution or someone else bringing this issue up but haven't found anything.

Since I updated my HTC One X to 3.1.25, the lock screen freezes my phone completely every now and then. It has happened 4 times over the weekend. The first time my phone was just idle, I took it out of my pocket and when I unlocked it, it froze completely. It didn't respond to anything but the power button, that turned the screen black. But pressing it again did nothing. I has to hard reset the phone to bring it to live again. It was not connected to Wi-fi or anything. Just idle. The other three times happened while listening to music (Spotify and also the Music app).

So I guess it is a bug, because it never happened before.

I am using themes for the lockscreen (can't tell you the name, it's in Chinese) and also for the icons (C'ups). SO maybe they are not compatible? When I update the theme, normally the phone goes back to default theme, and I only have to apply one of my downloaded themes, so I don't know if themes are to blame (and I would avoid to blame them before dismissing some MIUI bug).

Any ideas?

Hi all,

This is the first bug I report. I have tried to find a solution or someone else bringing this issue up but haven't found anything.

Since I updated my HTC One X to 3.1.25, the lock screen freezes my phone completely every now and then. It has happened 4 times over the weekend. The first time my phone was just idle, I took it out of my pocket and when I unlocked it, it froze completely. It didn't respond to anything but the power button, that turned the screen black. But pressing it again did nothing. I has to hard reset the phone to bring it to live again. It was not connected to Wi-fi or anything. Just idle. The other three times happened while listening to music (Spotify and also the Music app).

So I guess it is a bug, because it never happened before.

I am using themes for the lockscreen (can't tell you the name, it's in Chinese) and also for the icons (C'ups). SO maybe they are not compatible? When I update the theme, normally the phone goes back to default theme, and I only have to apply one of my downloaded themes, so I don't know if themes are to blame (and I would avoid to blame them before dismissing some MIUI bug).

Any ideas?
Happens on stock theme too. It is a miui bug.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

It's a nasty bug! How can we know if they are planning to fix it? And... have they heard about something called TESTING? :p

I've had this problem 3 times in 1 week with the stock rom. 1 time I wanted to make a picture. took my phone out of my pocket and tried to get the phone out of the lockscreen, but it didn't react at all. Only a reboot could solve this problem. This bug doens't bother me (yet)

I've had this problem 3 times in 1 week with the stock rom. 1 time I wanted to make a picture. took my phone out of my pocket and tried to get the phone out of the lockscreen, but it didn't react at all. Only a reboot could solve this problem. This bug doens't bother me (yet)

I can live with it one week, but it they don't fix it I am going to find another ROM. Our phones are supposed to be really powerful, and they shine even more with JB and Project Butter. But since updating from Miui ICS, have you really noticed the difference? I have not, and with every update they phone gets worse instead of better. I don't mind new buttons or new fancy options that can be found in any other distribution or App. I want my phone to be smooth, I want to be able to say "it really is better than iPhone" (performance wise), but I can't with MIUI.

Sorry about the rant, but I am deeply disappointed; I was told MIUI was by far the best choice if I wanted to root my phone and get rid of the stock package. I appreciate the work they do here, really (I am a Software Engineer myself and I know how it is), but I think the priorities they have to go forward are just wrong. And they don't test enough, the "stable" label is misleading.

Reactions: dekkyy
MIUIAndroid are weekly development ROMs fyi. We never put "stable" in our rom name.

I've passed it upstream

Reactions: luisnomad
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Just a friendly recommendation here: this ROM might not be tagged as "stable", but it certainly isn't tagged as "unstable" either, so maybe people landing here will assume that it IS stable (or at least that their phones won't need a reboot once or twice a day). The green color on the last version number, shining on the homepage, might help that misunderstanding.

Just saying ;)

Yes, but maybe You should give us stable version every 3 months? About this error, I have htc one x to. You can create this issue, when You run game N.O.V.A, I must restart the phone after every 3 minutes.

Looks like the freezing happens when there is a notification. Everytime my phone dies (starting to get sick of it, really), and I have to reboot it, I have a notification (App updates, SMS, etc).

I think this is worth a hotfix, we would really appreciate if a solution is posted before Friday, since the bug has been bothering us for two full weeks now.

Thank you :)

MIUI please give us information when this issue will be fixed. It's important becouse previous stable version was on ICS.... downgrade is painful.

Still on-going sorry. Its hard to get these fixed this late in development of MIUI v4. All work is really towards MIUI v5

Still on-going sorry. Its hard to get these fixed this late in development of MIUI v4. All work is really towards MIUI v5

I understand this, but if that is the case, maybe it'd be a good idea to stop introducing new stuff that can break other things, rather than update to a version with such failures. If you deliver a new version, you have to be prepared to fix its bugs. Or even better, you have to test it well enough so you can "forget about it" and move on towards a bigger iteration. Now you can't ignore this bug or forget about it because our phones have to be rebooted two or three times a day, average, and that's pretty bad.

I know you guys do this for free, and I am not demanding anything from you (on the contrary, I am thankful for your work). But I very much prefer an honest answer, like: "Sorry, we screwed it up but we won't solve it because we're busy with some other thing, my advise is that you downgrade to version X and wait for MIUI 5". However, if you tell me you're working on it but three weeks go by and still no solution, I feel like a fool and my disappointment grows.

It's only an advice that you can take or dismiss, but for the sake of your reputation (which is really good, for what is worth), I wouldn't ignore a big bunch of my software users, if I were you.

I agree, Give Us stable version (2.12.28/29) but copiled for JB not ISC. Can You do this?

Sorry, all non-AOSP roms screwed up. All work is going towards AOSP MIUI v5 and whatever flagship phones get MIUI v5.

Ok, I understend, but mayby You have some information when this issue will be fixed (like hotfix oraz MIUI 5)? I love Miui Rom, and I don't want go back to stock rom :-(. Maybe in Miui 5 this issue is fixed.... have You beta version?

Reactions: luisnomad
Ok, I understend, but mayby You have some information when this issue will be fixed (like hotfix oraz MIUI 5)? I love Miui Rom, and I don't want go back to stock rom :-(. Maybe in Miui 5 this issue is fixed.... have You beta version?

I answered to you, recommending another ROM, and my comment has been deleted. Oh well. Farewell, MIUI team.

Tell me if HTC ONE X, will be supported by MIUI 5. Should I change my mobile phone model? ;-)

I had this issue as well, it seems to be ROM related. I picked up the HOX T3 to get MIUI working again but this bug is a headache. Hoping v5 resolves these issues.

I have really important information. My HTC One X, freeze and die. Today I receive phone from service. They replace battery, main board, and some tapes. I haven't idea if this issue is corresponded with this rom, but at now, I will stay with original ROM from HTC.