I’ve locked my phone - help

Mrs S

Members
Jun 7, 2022
Hello. I’m looking for some help as MI tech support aren’t doing much supporting.

I sold my Mi 11 and went to do a reset. Despite knowing my account password, it refused to accept it. I should have just stopped there but of course I didn’t…

I googled it and did the push lots of buttons thing and deleted all data. Obviously my phone is now locked out and I need to enter my password to activate it.

Despite changing my password several times at support’s request, it won’t accept it. I’ve investigated a bit and I appear to have two Mi account numbers attached to my phone number. Obviously the one I can access is the one not attached to the phone.

I have absolutely no idea what to do, other than put the phone in the trash. I don’t have a computer btw. Can anyone help, pretty please! I don’t know the “other” account number, only the numbers it starts/ends with.

If i where in your situation i would have replaced mother board, you can find it somewhere cheap on alibaba or AliExpress, or you can sell it if it's making some good amount then do it buy i don't recommend you to sell it

Same thing here. 1 Phone number is connected to 2 different mi accounts. When I login with the phone number on the account I can only login to 1 account. There is no way to change the other account's password.

Reactions: Mrs S
Same thing here. 1 Phone number is connected to 2 different mi accounts. When I login with the phone number on the account I can only login to 1 account. There is no way to change the other account's password.
I ended up contacting Xaiomi Global. They discovered that I'd put a zero in front of the phone number on one account. Once I entered that number, I was able to reset the password and unlock the phone. They were excellent - so much more helpful than the UK customer service.

Reactions: katerpanne
Very interesting. I kindly thank you for the information provided. I will try your solution. Will let you know.

Reactions: Mrs S
Recap. 1 dutch phone number 06********. Atlhough 2 mi accounts. I knew of the 2 mi accounts because the numbers didn't match.

Logging in with Phone number +316********. Changing password, all fine. Now where is the other account?
I ended up contacting Xaiomi Global. They discovered that I'd put a zero in front of the phone number on one account. Once I entered that number, I was able to reset the password and unlock the phone. They were excellent - so much more helpful than the UK customer service.
Logging in with same phone number +3106******** (mind the 0), changing password and there we go, there is the other account.

I really appreciate Xiaomi a lot. Bought like 20 Xiaomi phones, though this really shouldn't be possible.

Hope this can be of help to anyone having the same issue.