I Bricked my phone, Please Help

liampotat

Members
Dec 21, 2019
Hello, Friends from Xiaomi .eu

So long story short, I was trying to fix my Redmi Note 8's charging issue (slow charging and charges only when booted to OS). Then I decided to install a new rom from twrp (current was MIUI China, trying to install Xiaomi .eu) hoping that it might solve the issue but dumb me accidentally wiped the "system" partition during the wiping proccess. Now I am greeted with "The system has been destroyed" message". Cannot boot to twrp anymore. I really regretted doing that.

P.S. tried fastboot, doesn't work, ask for more

Anyone, please help. All suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

So long story short, I was trying to fix my Redmi Note 8's charging issue (slow charging and charges only when booted to OS). Then I decided to install a new rom from twrp (current was MIUI China, trying to install Xiaomi .eu) hoping that it might solve the issue but dumb me accidentally wiped the "system" partition during the wiping proccess. Now I am greeted with "The system has been destroyed" message". I really regretted doing that.

Did you try mi flash tool to go back to stock rom

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

So long story short, I was trying to fix my Redmi Note 8's charging issue (slow charging and charges only when booted to OS). Then I decided to install a new rom from twrp (current was MIUI China, trying to install Xiaomi .eu) hoping that it might solve the issue but dumb me accidentally wiped the "system" partition during the wiping proccess. Now I am greeted with "The system has been destroyed" message". I really regretted doing that.

Reactions: iamme729

@Alan098765 , Thanks for replying friend

Bro I don't know why but my pc doesn't detect the Redmi Note 8 in fastboot. Tried MiFlash, still not detecting.
Tested my friend's Xiaomi Phone and behold, it is recognized. ???

Here's a pic

XoU3Zxp.jpg

@Alan098765 , Thanks for replying friend

Bro I don't know why but my pc doesn't detect the Redmi Note 8 in fastboot. Tried MiFlash, still not detecting.
Tested my friend's Xiaomi Phone and behold, it is recognized. ???

Here's a pic

XoU3Zxp.jpg
I don't know what to tell you pal,it hasn't happened to me before,put it out on the rom threads someone will help

Maybe you haven't installed any drivers that's why your computer can't detect your phone. Download and install adb and fastboot drivers, then download mi flash, and download the fastboot rom for your device (either global or china rom will do as long as it's a .tgz file).

Also Mi Flash won't detect your phone if it is still on the "The system has been destroyed" screen. Try to boot into fastboot mode.

Reactions: Alan098765
Thanks to everyone, phone is now being detected in fastboot. So I can now flash twrp and install rom. :)