I cannot enter recovery mode and TWRP doesn't install - Mi 8

BParker

Members
Aug 18, 2018
Hi, All.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
I am running 8.7.26 EU Rom and cannot enter recovery mode.
When entering recovery, it just went blank and then start booting, not showing recovery mode.

It seems that I cannot flash TWRP.img on recovery section on my phone.
I am struggling for this about a week to solve the issue myself.

Anyone can give me suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks for your suggestion. But it didn't work. I flash TWRP.img but when phone reboot to recovery mode, it just boots normally. :(

Strange, it worked fine for me, cannot suggest another method, I guess your bootloader is unlocked

Last edited:
Did you boot directly to TWRP by typing in adb terminal fastboot boot twrp.img?

Strange, it worked fine for me, cannot suggest another method, I guess your bootloader is unlocked
Yeah it's unlocked. If I cannot solve this, I guess I need to flash back to global ROM and then update to the latest EU ROM.

Did you boot directly to TWRP by typing in adb terminal fastboot boot twrp.img?
Yeah I did that as well to test. But I couldn't either. It just went blank after mi logo and then back to mi logo to boot normally

Yeah I did that as well to test. But I couldn't either. It just went blank after mi logo and then back to mi logo to boot normally
After following the instructions think the last one should have been .......fastboot boot twrp-3.2.2-0-whyred.img .....

Hi, All.
I was able to flash TWRP given from this thread from XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/development/twrp-3-2-1-0611-xiaomi-mi8-t3804101
Hope this helps if some faces the same issue!
How to change TWRP in English? Please see this video from Youtube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi, I have the same problem, but with my Xiaomi mi 9, can you help me please?