I Can't Install Developer Rom

lacazema

Members
Jan 3, 2016
Hello,

I recently purchased a Mipad 1 and I wanted to put it in Cyanogenmod 11 but it seems that I worked backwards...

I am on the stable global MIUI 7 ROM and I have installed CWM recovery and rooted my tablet, before trying to install Cyanogenmod I saw taht I needed to be in developer ROM and can not install Cyanogenmod from global stable ROM.

I tried to install the developer ROM from CWM recovery (by wiping everything), it installs and as it seems like it worked fine I boot right back to the stable global ROM (note : I have only done this in system 1 as I've seen that it is best not to touch system 2).

I then tried to install the stock MI recovery but even that does not work as when I go back to recovery I am on CWM.

I am wondering what do I do ?

Can I really not install Cyanogenmod from stable global ROM via CWM ?

Do I have to install developer ROM in both system 1 and system 2 for it to work ?

Thank you

Mi recovery is crap don't use it .Go to clockworkmod recovery >wipe date factory reset then wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.Install your rom from your internal storage. Install it in system one

Mi recovery is crap don't use it .Go to clockworkmod recovery >wipe date factory reset then wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.Install your rom from your internal storage. Install it in system one
The thing I don't understand is when I do these exact steps for the developer ROM it boots right back to my original global ROM