Xiaomi 14 Global Rom installation

cilikekko

Members
Jan 19, 2024
Dear All,
I purchased recently a Xiaomi 14 on china rom.
After a few tweaks and deleting some of the china bloatware I am kinda happy with the phone now.
Shame tho android auto isn't working.

Once the phone will launch globally, do you think will we be able to install the original global Rom on?

Thank you

Dear All,
I purchased recently a Xiaomi 14 on china rom.
After a few tweaks and deleting some of the china bloatware I am kinda happy with the phone now.
Shame tho android auto isn't working.

Once the phone will launch globally, do you think will we be able to install the original global Rom on?

Thank you
You will able
But i recommend to install eu rom
More language no chinese apps and bloatware googlepay working everything
If you install global version google pay will not work.
In eu rom theres many features global rom not in. You can read in the fourm all the features.

Hi there,
Thank you for your reply
I have seen therenare these EU rom but I have been reading that they have some bugs and not like original rom.Is that true?

Also, I heard that there is still no possible to unlock the bootloader on the Xiaomi 14.
Would you have a guide that explains specifically for Xiaomi 14?

Many thanks

Also, I heard that there is still no possible to unlock the bootloader on the Xiaomi 14.
Would you have a guide that explains specifically for Xiaomi 14?
Read around this forum to understand the Xiaomi.EU rom better as well as the current limits on unlocking the BL.

TLDR: unlocking is current either impossible or very costly; the .EU ROM is much better than global (has all the features and more, is more stable).

Read around this forum to understand the Xiaomi.EU rom better as well as the current limits on unlocking the BL.

TLDR: unlocking is current either impossible or very costly; the .EU ROM is much better than global (has all the features and more, is more stable).
How do we put EU rom on if we can't unlock the bootloader?

Hi,

I'm using the dev rom (eu) on my 14 non pro. I downloaded the stable 14 eu. Do I have to erase all data before installing or can I install normally like the dev roms?

Hi,

I'm using the dev rom (eu) on my 14 non pro. I downloaded the stable 14 eu. Do I have to erase all data before installing or can I install normally like the dev roms?
It is written in red in the first post of the stable ROM thread that you need to do a clean install when switching from the dev ROM.

yes.....every time I need to transfer data from a phone to another..is a mess. just motorola razr was perfect (strange thing)

yes.....every time I need to transfer data from a phone to another..is a mess. just motorola razr was perfect (strange thing)
Weird... I transfered everything (150GB) from X13 to X14 very quickly. And USB3.2 means you can transfer quickly from a PC as well.

Hi GuyS,
Any update on installing the EU rom on Xiaomi 14?
Is there a way of unlocking the bootloader?
I am using a Chinese rom but would love to get rid of all that Chinese stuff on.

Attachments

• IMG-20240207-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20240207-WA0025.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 332
Hi all. I bought Xiaomi 14pro. I'm ready to unlock the device and install the EU firmware. But I just can’t understand what advantages third-party firmware now provides for the average user? I use my phones for calls, a lot of correspondence in instant messengers, WhatAPP, Telegram.... Well, a navigator. What will be the advantage)? Or is it better to wait for stable and tested versions of EU firmware for model 14?

Hi all. I bought Xiaomi 14pro. I'm ready to unlock the device and install the EU firmware. But I just can’t understand what advantages third-party firmware now provides for the average user? I use my phones for calls, a lot of correspondence in instant messengers, WhatAPP, Telegram.... Well, a navigator. What will be the advantage)? Or is it better to wait for stable and tested versions of EU firmware for model 14?
There are both stable and weekly releases of xiaomi.eu. If you want to wait for the global firmware version, there won't be one.

There are both stable and weekly releases of xiaomi.eu. If you want to wait for the global firmware version, there won't be one.
Thanks, I figured it out with the versions. I just haven’t been able to find what advantages it provides, especially with my use? In general, I am FOR the firmware, but considering that there are a lot of “dances with a tambourine” to unlock the bootloader! Here the question arises: what do we get?

Thanks, I figured it out with the versions. I just haven’t been able to find what advantages it provides, especially with my use? In general, I am FOR the firmware, but considering that there are a lot of “dances with a tambourine” to unlock the bootloader! Here the question arises: what do we get?
In my view, not much in the way of advantages for everyday use. HyperOS has the Google Framework fully integrated, so everything works well as far as I can tell - except for Android Auto and Nearby Share. Google Pay is fine and so are all the other google and bank apps afaict. The vast majority of Chinese apps can be uninstalled or disabled - but the hidden system bloat still remains, of course.

Also, people who want localization are in no luck - only Chinese and English.

So what xiaomi.eu promises, besides Android Auto and Nearby Share, is a slimmer ROM with some additional customizations. If you want to root anyway, then it's a no brainer. Otherwise, consider the trade-offs, which is occasional problems with Google Pay, bank apps and even Auto (which usually got remedied on MIUI). And, theoretically, the risk in an unlocked bootloader (though tbh I find this just theoretical - I've used unlocked BLs for well more than a decade now, since the days of HTC One S in fact).

In my view, not much in the way of advantages for everyday use. HyperOS has the Google Framework fully integrated, so everything works well as far as I can tell - except for Android Auto and Nearby Share. Google Pay is fine and so are all the other google and bank apps afaict. The vast majority of Chinese apps can be uninstalled or disabled - but the hidden system bloat still remains, of course.

Also, people who want localization are in no luck - only Chinese and English.

So what xiaomi.eu promises, besides Android Auto and Nearby Share, is a slimmer ROM with some additional customizations. If you want to root anyway, then it's a no brainer. Otherwise, consider the trade-offs, which is occasional problems with Google Pay, bank apps and even Auto (which usually got remedied on MIUI). And, theoretically, the risk in an unlocked bootloader (though tbh I find this just theoretical - I've used unlocked BLs for well more than a decade now, since the days of HTC One S in fact).
Is this EU ROM also available for 14 Ultra to support AA? It's the one major obstacle / dependency to make a buying decision.

Is this EU ROM also available for 14 Ultra to support AA? It's the one major obstacle / dependency to make a buying decision.

Reactions: markusd1984