I Can't Receive Sms

jimmix93

Members
Aug 26, 2016
Hi, I just received a new xiaomi mi4 from gearbest, i flashed correctly the xiaomi.eu rom (6.9.1), i can do anything, call, send sms, but not receive sms, any help for me? I checked all the setting and they should be okay, tried to wipe cache but nothing seems to resolve this.

Thank you

Do you get a message in the notification shade that the SMS failed or filed to activate... in that notification you can check the number...if I recall by default its configured with + county code and then the number which isn't correct... removing the + worked for me .... I will continue to look further.....
*#*#4636#*#* you can see your phone number...in my case I have 1 in front of my number this is the country code ... no + before it....

Neither of those two things... the screen is clean from any notification..

Oh, i already gone to that secret menu (*#*#4636#*#*), so I should delete the "+" right? My country code is 39, so 39(number smartphone)?

Thank you, I'll try tomorrow hen I wake up and update the thread :)

Last edited:
So, I wasn't able to see my number on that secret menú (even on the sim info under system information), and even going on "my device" on the MI account app the terminal was shwoing correctly and as "activated", so I could do nothing to change the my number.

Then I added a telephone number as security option for the recovery on mi account, and setted my number on the personal contact (first number appearing on contacts), and now seems I'm receiving everything. Hope will be fixed forever now :)

Thank you so much anyway iamme279!