Resolved I can't switch from camera to gallery. (Turkish)

TRabZonLu

Members
Aug 25, 2013
I can't switch from camera to gallery.
I can't look at the photo after I take the photo. This problem started after switching to miui 11.

Mi 9 xiaomi.eu v9.10.31

Screenshot_2019-11-03-11-40-22-830_com.android.camera.jpg

Reactions: Jamhmr
Hello,

Four times the update came. The transition from Camera to gallery did not improve. I guess they won't. Please help.

1. Connect your phone to PC. (make sure USB debugging is enabled in Developer options)
2. Open camera app.
3. Enter in command line: adb logcat -c
4. Enter in command line: adb logcat > log.txt
5. Take a photo
6. Tap on the thumbnail area.
7. Press Ctrl+C to terminate the log.
Send the log.txt in a PM.

• Love
Reactions: TRabZonLu
@Igor Eisberg @ingbrzy I found the source of the problem.
MediaProvider.apk

There is a problem with this file. The problem is corrected when the language of the file is made in English with the app locale program.

Reactions: ingbrzy
I'm glad to inform you that I've finally managed to find the cause of this issue, and it wasn't a translation issue. It's an official bug that was left unnoticed by Xiaomi, and it only exists on Android 10 ROMs, even official ones.

I'm glad to inform you that I've finally managed to find the cause of this issue, and it wasn't a translation issue. It's an official bug that was left unnoticed by Xiaomi, and it only exists on Android 10 ROMs, even official ones.
I congratulate you:)

Can you explain what the problem is from which file? Or what the problem is.

I congratulate you:)

Can you explain what the problem is from which file? Or what the problem is.
We usually don't disclose our methods, but you would be glad to know that Xiaomi did notice the issue and they officially fixed it in Closed Beta 9.11.27, so our fix is only needed for Stable ROMs that use older code.

We usually don't disclose our methods, but you would be glad to know that Xiaomi did notice the issue and they officially fixed it in Closed Beta 9.11.27, so our fix is only needed for Stable ROMs that use older code.
I was wondering if it had anything to do with this file. (MediaProvider.apk)

I was wondering if it had anything to do with this file. (MediaProvider.apk)
Yes, there was a mistake made in the code for Android 10 in that APK, but it's a mistake by Google (AOSP), not really Xiaomi's fault.