I Cant unlock

Miksat

Members
Oct 31, 2017
After 360 hours passed, i tried to unlock my MI 8 and i got this error... Somebody help please?
2018-11-28.png

Do you have activated the OEM Unlocking in Developer Settings ? This MUST aktivated in you Developer Settings !

Yes. I changed from stable to beta 5 days ago. Maybe that is problem?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

That can't be the problem. I switched from Global Stable to Global Beta two days ago and I get up to 99 percent. I now have to wait 360 hours until unlock. In the developer menu you have to activate USB debugging and OEM unlock and in the unlock menu you have to bind your device with the MI account. You must also be logged in to your Mi Account on the device.

Reactions: iamme729
Now opens the file "miflash_unlock.exe" in the folder "miflash_unlock-en-.... (01_MiFlashUnlock)" and confirms the disclaimer.
INFO! We include the latest 3.3 version and the 2.3 version. If the new 3.3 is not successful with the Unlock, try the old 2.3 version.
If you get the message "Abnormal account inquiry", just click on retry again.
Now you should see a window which allows you to unlock the bootloader.
To do this you switch to the bootloader mode on the Mi8. You can do this by lowering the volume keys and holding the power key when starting the device (please switch off completely before). After that you should see a picture on the device saying "Bootloader" and a small Mitu repairing an Android.
Connect the device to the PC via USB and the MiFlashUnlock Tool should recognize it directly.
Then click on "Unlock", confirm the info window and the process should start. If you get an error message at 50%, you have probably logged out of your MiAccount on the device.
Log in again on the PC as well as on the device and log in to i.mi.com if necessary and let your device search "Find device".
After that you can continue with the process and it should finish at 100%.
Now your bootloader is unlocked and you can install a custom firmware.

Reactions: iamme729
I tried everything you said, in all situations i stuck on 99% with this chinese error translating in english: unable to unlock when the phone is not used for the specifed time.. What this mean?

If you switched from Global Stable to Global Beta within 360 hours of waiting, this time has been interrupted. The device was not continuously logged in to the Mi account by reflashing it.

I'm sorry. I can't say that exactly, I haven't had the problem myself yet. Go through all the steps again for the unlock from the beginning. Maybe someone else has an idea. I can only think that you have to wait another 360 hours.

Run CMD and when you plug your device into PC with fastboot activated type in CMD fastboot devices. Do this three times. If your pc detects your phone on first command and does ????? on and third if there is blank space, it would mean that your phones drivers are the issue.

the only way to unlock my mi8, after trying to install global rom with mi flash , was to pay 30 dollars on s-unlock site.

After 360 hours passed, i tried to unlock my MI 8 and i got this error... Somebody help please?
View attachment 22106
I had the same error and i solved it.The procedure was: sign out from MI account (from the root of settings, under the Account section) and then sign in. After this go under Developer Options and add the phone in the Mi Unlock voice. Then i unlocked my bootloader without further problems.

I had the same error and i solved it.The procedure was: sign out from MI account (from the root of settings, under the Account section) and then sign in. After this go under Developer Options and add the phone in the Mi Unlock voice. Then i unlocked my bootloader without further problems.
I waited 360 h again, then do this that you said. Again same error.....
Edit: worked with mi unlock 2.3

Last edited: