I want to format the phone, some questions

kidstretch

Members
Oct 20, 2012
I want to format my Mi2, i am making a ull backup of the phone.
How can i erase everything from both partitions and then restore everything?

the only way i know to do that is using Miflash and fastboot package. See my guide in this forum.

well, couldn't do it, i have a Mac, is there another easier way?
i don't care if it wipes everything, i have a backup. i'll just restore.

i don't really know any way to do it on a MAC....can mac os run bash scripts? the fastboot package comes with some .sh files you might be able to run...

Goto settings, backup and reset, reset factory data, then select erase applications and also emulated SD Card data.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Goto settings, backup and reset, reset factory data, then select erase applications and also emulated SD Card data.

nice!
and then, how can i restore? and if so, will i have all the apps, settings, contacts etc?

before doing format, make that backup using miui backup or any other app you like. Then copy backup data to computer and after reset copy that folder back to phone and restore the data using same app

Factory reset with erase emulated sdcard option will erase every thing on your phone including card so be careful. Copy all important things to computer before doing it

Thanks, so if i backup everything with the miui backup and erase everything, i should be ok after the restore, thanks again. :)