Icons disappearing from the Desktop *Moved by Admin*

slaizer

Members
Nov 15, 2010
There's a bug in MIUI that's bugging the hell out of me (pun intended). When I use the Email app and register an Activesync account, sometimes the Email app completely disappears from the launcher. The program is still there; I get notifications and I can tell it's running ok, the icon is just nowhere to be found. I have found no other way to solve the disappearance than either a) clear Launcher data (and lose my carefully organized homescreens) or b) restore a Nandroid backup (and lose my SMSs and call logs).

Also, sometimes apps disappear randomly, like when I was dragging an icon from the quicklaunch bar to the homescreen - poof, it's gone. The program is there, the icon isn't.

Any ideas why it does this and how to fix it?

There's a bug in MIUI that's bugging the hell out of me (pun intended). When I use the Email app and register an Activesync account, sometimes the Email app completely disappears from the launcher. The program is still there; I get notifications and I can tell it's running ok, the icon is just nowhere to be found. I have found no other way to solve the disappearance than either a) clear Launcher data (and lose my carefully organized homescreens) or b) restore a Nandroid backup (and lose my SMSs and call logs).

Also, sometimes apps disappear randomly, like when I was dragging an icon from the quicklaunch bar to the homescreen - poof, it's gone. The program is there, the icon isn't.

I have found that just rebooting brings the missing icons back.

For Evo users, bcnice20 included a fix permissions script that has helped (maybe thats just placebo effect, but it seems better). To use, open terminal (on phone), type 'su' then 'fix_permissions' and it will fix permissions for every app on the phone (including system apps).

I had the same problems with lost icons and i found out that the icons which disapears all apps from ext3 partition. Easy trick. Unmount SD Card under settings system and after a short break mount SD Card under settings system again and all icons are back :)
If the launcher reboots it makes errors on the ext3 partition.
That should be fixed ASAP!

Do you have Amon RA Recovery? If not download ROM Manager and flash it. Next reboot into Recovery and go to "Other." Then select fix uid mismatches. Reboot twice and everything will be all good. You should only have to do this once.