ICS Problems, Please Help.

Sere83

Members
Mar 20, 2012
Oh man my luck just gets worse and worse....

I loaded the latest update.zip 2.4.6 to the root of my SD. Booted into recovery, wiped and updated my system partition to accomodate ICS.

Rebooted the phone, went into the newly wiped partition 1, updated to the update.zip through the updater. Rebooted.

Now its just hanging on the start up screen doing nothing.

What have I done wrong?

UPDATE: FFS nothing is working now, no partition is booting anything, actaully gonna cry

UPDATE2: So god knows how but I finally managed boot ICS, then go into the rom and try and install update.zip to the other partition through the updater so I can have 2.3 running as well. But NO. Hanging again. WHY? WHY WHY?

UPDATE3: NOW I HAVE NOTHING BOOTING AGAIN. BOTH PARTITIONS HANGING. PLEASE GOD DON'T TELL ME I'VE NOT BRICKED IT, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

I GIVE UP, WIPED PARTITION 1, TRIED TO INSTALL 2.3 AGAIN, JUST HANGING. IS THERE NO WAY BACK?

Can you get into recovery? If so:

Essentially let me ask you a few things:

1. Did you have v4 on previously?
2. If no to first question, I am assuming you are running 2.3.x GB version?
3. If yes, what you need to do, go into mi recovery, select the update system partitions (or similar) you NEED to do this prior to flashing v4 ICS.
4. Once the partitions atre updated, wipe the cache and data partitions once more. This will not alter the SD card data so dont worry about that.
5. Download the latest update.zip for the MI-ONE V4 2.4.6 and copy to the ROOT of your mi-one's storage.
6. Flash the update.zip and then boot to the system one partition.

Initial boot may take some time. Ensure that your GB version before you do this is equal to or greater than version 2.3.5k

Reactions: krispuniq
PROBLEM SOLVED. Huge thanks goes out to you sir! You are a hero. This forum is the best.

@Mark. Think we could do with a sticky on the ICS repartitoning. Its catching a lot of us out.

Can you get into recovery? If so:

Essentially let me ask you a few things:

1. Did you have v4 on previously?
2. If no to first question, I am assuming you are running 2.3.x GB version?
3. If yes, what you need to do, go into mi recovery, select the update system partitions (or similar) you NEED to do this prior to flashing v4 ICS.
4. Once the partitions atre updated, wipe the cache and data partitions once more. This will not alter the SD card data so dont worry about that.
5. Download the latest update.zip for the MI-ONE V4 2.4.6 and copy to the ROOT of your mi-one's storage.
6. Flash the update.zip and then boot to the system one partition.

Initial boot may take some time. Ensure that your GB version before you do this is equal to or greater than version 2.3.5k

Hello Mark..
Thats a small & simple guide you have put together for noobs like me :) Thanks a lot

I just recieved my Mi-One Plus today and would like to update to the ICS 2.4.6 ROM, which is listed as update.zip.

I have checked in my phone settings and it is currently on 2.3.5r. So like you have listed in your post,
  • I will first have to boot into Mi-Recovery & update system partitions
  • copy the latest ICS rom (update.zip) file to the root of my SD Card
  • Wipe Data/cache partitions
  • Search for the update.zip from my SD Card and flash via Mi-Recovery
  • Reboot & profit !!
Is it as simple as i understand it to be ? Do i have to do anything else in between these steps? like renaming the file? or flashing the first version of ICS v4 and then flashing the latest update.zip ? or anything else that i need to take care of?

I just want to confirm before plunging into it. Your help is greatly appreciated !!

since i am coming from motorola atrix2, which doesnt even have an unlocked bootloader yet, there is a lot of process to do before flashing a rom. So i find these steps very simple :)

Hello Guys...
I have a question.
I have updated my partitions in order to install ICS in my partition 1.
I installed it and it worked perfectly.
Now... my problem is regarding partition 2.
A while ago I thought I could run ICS in partition 1 and GB in partition 2, as we know... I was mistaken. Once you upgrade the partitions for ICS you cannot install GB again... if I am right.

I don't know how to install ICS in partition 2, because in the recovery of MIUI I can only choose "install update.zip to System 1".
Am I missing something?

Thanks guys...

cheers

UPDATE: I discovered that if i update from the updater within ICS it updates the partition 2. Of course you knew that. Sorry for such a newbie question. Thanks.

Hey everyone, one more noobie here!

I installed before this week Mi-One ICS ROM (using this tutorial) and now i'd like to install THIS. Well the first one i flashed with "mi-flash", but now i'm trying to install MIUI ROM 2.5.11 using Mi-Recovery. I did wipe all data, I did update system partition and then installed "update.zip" from sd-card. After "successfull" installation I tried to reboot my device first from other partition, then from second one. 1st one goes to my old ICS ROM and the second one won't even start (stuck to startscreen with M1 logo) without any action.. Can someone solve this lame problem for me and explain briefly what's going on with this!

Thank you already!

Hello Guys...
I have a question.
I have updated my partitions in order to install ICS in my partition 1.
I installed it and it worked perfectly.
Now... my problem is regarding partition 2.
A while ago I thought I could run ICS in partition 1 and GB in partition 2, as we know... I was mistaken. Once you upgrade the partitions for ICS you cannot install GB again... if I am right.

I don't know how to install ICS in partition 2, because in the recovery of MIUI I can only choose "install update.zip to System 1".
Am I missing something?

< ... >

UPDATE: I discovered that if i update from the updater within ICS it updates the partition 2. Of course you knew that. Sorry for such a newbie question. Thanks.

This is still one BIG mystery for me !
It seems that i have 2.3.5s on both systems now.
That's good for now ( they're both the same )

When i'll update the system partition ( wich one ? 1 or 2 ? ) ; do a wipe ( again ; on wich system ?? ) and then install ICS ( since the recovery states that it will install on system 1 i guess it will install there... ;) ) will 2.3.5s still be on system 2 ?

2.3.5 is running like a dream for me and i would hate to see it go just because i want to see how the phone works on ICS.

Update :

According to this post :
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/newbie-user-questions.16322/#post-120157

The whole setup of running both GB and ICS is impossible ??

Lost now...

its not possbile to run GB and ICS on the same phone.
Update both system partitions do a full wipe and then install ICS within the recovery system.

ICS runs very nice on Mi-one :)