If I would buy a phone to get the MIUI ROM fully working, what phone should I get?

sotodefonk

Members
Apr 23, 2011
HI, I saw the MIUI rom on a friend xperia x10 and I really liked it.

My current phone fell and the screen cracked so im searching for a new phone. I saw there are several officials rom from the MIUI chinese webpage, but there are only links to download the rom, and they dont specify if everything works, or if there are bugs, etc.

If I would buy a phone just to get MIUI fully working (wifi, data, gps, videoplayback, etc) and working smooth and fast... what phone should I buy?

Thanks in advance

I am using HTC HD2. Everything is working fine. Except FM Radio, already there is no working app for all miui roms.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I've been running Miui on a HTC evo for a few months now and just loving it. Only thing that doesn't work it is 4G and fm radio.

Sent From My Miui Havin, Gingerbread Throwing eVo4g

I've been running Miui on a HTC evo for a few months now and just loving it. Only thing that doesn't work it is 4G and fm radio.

Sent From My Miui Havin, Gingerbread Throwing eVo4g

HTC Desire HD/Inspire 4g better known as the HTC Ace is a very good phone for MIUI and over at XDA we have one hell of a dev that makes sure everything works before release.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The incredible runs really well on this Rom.

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

most phones that have been rooted and have a active developer working on miui most phones will work, just go through the list of roms on this site...I personally would get a Nexus Phone since thats what most the devs use

+1 for the NS, miui + netarchy kernel + Raadius Aeolus theme = job done.

Sent from my Nexus S using the miui-dev.com Forums App

What ROM is working on your friends xperia? And what is the method to follow?

Incidentally, My desire works well on 1.4.22 IM waiting to find an miui ROM for the new htc sensation before I head out to get one.

As to Sony, I have a friend who would love to have miui on his x10

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Nexus S since it's the devs' platform of choice.

Yup...I was going to say the samething. I'm considering to do that too lol....even though I have a EVO right now. Just a thought right now though especially since Sprint is getting the Nexus S.

Sent from my "Miui Lovin' EVO" using the miui-dev.com Forums App

What ROM is working on your friends xperia? And what is the method to follow?

It was TripNMiUI 1.0.4 based on froyo. It can be downloaded on XDA-Developers, right know it is updated to 1.0.5. That dev is actually working in a gingerbread rom. It worked pretty well the day I used it.

Ill probably will buy a vibrant, Nexus S is too expensive and doesnt have a lot. HTC HD2 looked good but 65K of colors is a no no for me :S

AFAIK miui fully works on all the phones it's supporting, but if money is no problem, i would definitely go Nexus S... On my Desire it can get laggy here and there, but other than that, rom is superb :)

AFAIK miui fully works on all the phones it's supporting, but if money is no problem, i would definitely go Nexus S... On my Desire it can get laggy here and there, but other than that, rom is superb :)

The thing I saw the MIUI roms for samsung galaxy's (I9000, vibrant, etc) and in all of those the GPS dont work (which I use) and several bugs because CM7 has those bugs (at leaste the devs said that) I guess its because there is no gingerbread for those phones, or is it something else?

Dunno, there's no gingerbread for original desire either, but gps is working so i don't know whats the problem

Well if you purely want to focus on MIUI then the Nexus S is probably the best to go for. However, as I have one I will say the Desire HD is a great choice :)