Improve Redmi Note 4 Battery Life?

Ryad Ahmed

Members
Nov 26, 2016
So I am currently using 8.1.3 Eu rom for my Redmi Note 4 and I feel that the battery life isn't too great! I fixed deep sleep problem but I feel the battery is still not that good! I barely get 4 hours of SoT and a total of around 15 to 16 hours of battery. Considering a total 4100 mAh battery I was expecting more. Is anyone getting anything better? Can you give me suggestions on improving battery life?

Thank you!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I am a little dissapointed too... With two active sim cards i only get about 6 hours SOT with the latest xiaomi.eu stable and deep sleep fix. In some Reviews they Said something about 9 hours screen on time... I read there are some battery drain issues with the google location service...

I am a little dissapointed too... With two active sim cards i only get about 6 hours SOT with the latest xiaomi.eu stable and deep sleep fix. In some Reviews they Said something about 9 hours screen on time... I read there are some battery drain issues with the google location service...
I get 6-7 hours SOT and that is normal for 5.5" device. How much you expect to get from 5.5" ? 9 hours ? No way. You can get 9 hours SOT but with Redmi 3 or 4. Not with Redmi Pro or or any 5.5" screen device.

I get 6-7 hours SOT and that is normal for 5.5" device. How much you expect to get from 5.5" ? 9 hours ? No way. You can get 9 hours SOT but with Redmi 3 or 4. Not with Redmi Pro or or any 5.5" screen device.
Thank you for your expirience with the Note 4! I watched some reviews on youtube and they said something with 8 or 9 hours... The Last two days I get 7 hours in a mixed use so everything is fine now!

Reactions: Dr.MTR
Thank you for your expirience with the Note 4! I watched some reviews on youtube and they said something with 8 or 9 hours... The Last two days I get 7 hours in a mixed use so everything is fine now!
So what is the main problem of this issue? battery drain issues with the google location service? Is that correct? Im still find out the decent solution :(

So what is the main problem of this issue? battery drain issues with the google location service? Is that correct? Im still find out the decent solution :(
There is no problem! It's just the SoC! You can't expect better battery life than this considering it is running MIUI ! And the SoT is same in all the models! We can expect better standby time with improvements in the OS!

I solve this problem by using only one 3G sim with mobile data turn on almost 24/24 . Have no idea why but really 3G drains battery less than wifi!

Just be happy for our phone someone who have redmi 2 or mi 3 can complain about not getting your phone.you've got fingerprint and 3gb ram lot of storage too don't expect too much for the price.

try this:

PART 2 - BATTERY LIFE IMPROVEMENTS

I noticed that the helio x20 is quite the power hungry chip so I dug around XDA MIUI devices forums for other devices and found out that Xiaomi MIUI roms use a service called 'perfservice' to control the CPU and can sometime be a hit and miss, so I did something;

DISABLE PERFSERVICE and MY BATTERY LIFE HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY. IM TALKING REDMI NOTE 3 SNAPDRAGON LEVELS. 7 HOURS SCREEN ON TIME, 20 HOURS STANDBY.
What happens when perfservice is disabled is the cpu is controlled by MTK's cpu manager (not sure what it is called) and uses the stock interactive governer (which is good).

HOW TO DISABLE/IMPROVE BATTERY

1. Make sure you are rooted
2. use your root file explorer of choice (I prefer fx file manager)
3. go to /system and backup build.prop by copying and pasting it somewhere else
4. edit build.prop and find the line ro.mtk_perfservice_support=1 and change it to ro.mtk_perfservice_support=0 and save file
5. go to /system/etC and find a file named perfservapplist.txt and rename it to perfservapplist.txt.bak
6. go to /system/etc and find a file named perfservscntbl.txt and rename it to perfservscntbl.txt.bak
7. Reboot and test out the result yourself

I got this from
redmi note 4 xda forum (i cant post links)

try this:

PART 2 - BATTERY LIFE IMPROVEMENTS

I noticed that the helio x20 is quite the power hungry chip so I dug around XDA MIUI devices forums for other devices and found out that Xiaomi MIUI roms use a service called 'perfservice' to control the CPU and can sometime be a hit and miss, so I did something;

DISABLE PERFSERVICE and MY BATTERY LIFE HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY. IM TALKING REDMI NOTE 3 SNAPDRAGON LEVELS. 7 HOURS SCREEN ON TIME, 20 HOURS STANDBY.
What happens when perfservice is disabled is the cpu is controlled by MTK's cpu manager (not sure what it is called) and uses the stock interactive governer (which is good).

HOW TO DISABLE/IMPROVE BATTERY

1. Make sure you are rooted
2. use your root file explorer of choice (I prefer fx file manager)
3. go to /system and backup build.prop by copying and pasting it somewhere else
4. edit build.prop and find the line ro.mtk_perfservice_support=1 and change it to ro.mtk_perfservice_support=0 and save file
5. go to /system/etC and find a file named perfservapplist.txt and rename it to perfservapplist.txt.bak
6. go to /system/etc and find a file named perfservscntbl.txt and rename it to perfservscntbl.txt.bak
7. Reboot and test out the result yourself

I got this from
redmi note 4 xda forum (i cant post links)
Thanks a lot! I will try it out!

I use Fx Editor root Or Root Browser Or Build Prop Editor.
test and all got blackscreen
One question, are you rooted? if yes, did you disable DM Verity/Verify via twrp? This is crucial for custom roms. I'm using this tweak right now everything is working as expected.

Nvm after lot of reboot it works.
can you tell me the best configuration to get more SOT.
I have currently used 1482 ghz