New Indoor Location Service Not Working Since 7.12.7

spockie

Members
Dec 6, 2015
Hi all.

Maybe some of you have noticed it. Indoor location service is not working since version 7.12.7. I'm phisically located north Barcelona and most of apps (Instagram, i.e.) says I'm in Madrid nearbies. It's not an IP issue (it wouldn't be surprising in Spain) because it works perfectly if I downgrade to 7.11.30. Anyway, I can't stay with it because it crashes constantly unless I do a full reset, and I'm not gonna do it.

Outdoors, the GPS makes its job and it works OK.

Tested with Mi4c and Mi5s.

Is this a known problem?

Found that AGPS configuration comes configured with a ChinaMobile server (that's the origin of the configured server IP. Could anyone check and post the 7.11.30 or previous configuration?

Just put in there supl.google.com (or supl.vodafone.com), save and you're done
Assuming this is the source of the problem, that is.. Which I doubt, somehow.

Just put in there supl.google.com (or supl.vodafone.com), save and you're done
Assuming this is the source of the problem, that is.. Which I doubt, somehow.
Using supl.google.com fixed the problem partially. Widgets on home screen now seems to show the proper location, but apps like Ingress are unable to find the location to start working. Something's happening with this December's ROMs.

I've read somewhere that using supl.google.com requires a certificate. Is that certificate in the ROM?

Try one more thing: install an utility like GPS Test (the one from Chartcross ltd) and in its A-GPS settings clean and update the GPS data aids.

Try one more thing: install an utility like GPS Test (the one from Chartcross ltd) and in its A-GPS settings clean and update the GPS data aids.
Nothing.

After doing that, the behavior is the same. If I open Google Maps, it immediately shows me in "La Guindalera" (a Madrid neighborhood). After one second it will show my actual position. But other apps like Ingress wait forever to find location before starting, and never happens. Both were tested with GPS disabled (only network). Versions before 7.12.7 worked correctly. Clearing data of the affected apps doesn't help either.

Thanks for your ideas anyway :)