Install Newest Xiaomi.eu Rom On Mi5 W/unlocked Bl

Alex Oliveira

Members
May 21, 2016
Hey guys,
I know this is noob s*** blablah... But I once tried to flash a custom rom on a LG and I got a bricked phone, so all I want to know is... How can I do a proper flash of this amazing (I suppose) rom
eu_multi_gemini_V7_3_4_0_MAACNDD_v7-6_0

I already unlocked the bootloader (ask xiaomi guys they answered after 8 days that I could). Now after the unlock what do I do?

Some posts say:
a) Install TWRP zip via Updater app or Fastboot mode, then install our ROM...
or
b) is possible to flash the xiaomi eu rom with miflash program and that's it

I'm a simple man, I don't know what TWRP is and so I did a research. I understand that is some sort of recovery program but what is the proper way to install TWRP? Some say I have to install via fastboot the recovery_img and forget the boot_img for the xiaomi Mi5, others say that I have to install recovery_img and boot_img. I'm confused and afraid to mess up. I think that it was awesome to have a simple "baby step how to flash Xiaomi Mi5 with your costum roms", from Bootloader Unlocked to full costum flash.
Just one method that was garanteed to work instead of many.

Thanks, Yeah, Im new at this,
Alex

download zip with new ROM version, open Updater app - menu (3dots) - select zip - select downloaded zip - reboot
Done..

Reactions: jc rey
Thanks for your answer, but I couldn't make it work. Maybe I wasn't clear enough... My situation:
1 - Xiaomi MI5
2 - bootloader unlocked via MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en and approval from Xiaomi
3 - Current ROM - Stable 7.3.4.0(MAACNDD)
4 - Downloaded this file xiaomi.eu_multi_gemini_V7.3.4.0.MAACNDD_v7-6.0.zip to a folder in my phone called downloaded_rom
5 - On updater app - menu (3dots) - Choose Update Package - Select the zip mentioned
6 - It says getting info... and then "Can't verify update" Couldn't verify update package

Is there a workaround for this?
I really appreciate any help you can provide,
Alex

Also interested on this. I have china 7.3.2.0 stable and waiting for unlock from xiaomi

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Ok.. I follow the link and I was able to install TWRP and the modified boot. When I restart to TWRP, it asks for a password to decrypt, I don't know what it is so I as just cancel and try the INSTALL button to flash the rom, but I can't find it.
I reboot normally and now I don't have Wifi. So... What is missing to flash the rom?

Ok.. I follow the link and I was able to install TWRP and the modified boot. When I restart to TWRP, it asks for a password to decrypt, I don't know what it is so I as just cancel and try the INSTALL button to flash the rom, but I can't find it.
I reboot normally and now I don't have Wifi. So... What is missing to flash the rom?
look at the tuto, it states that then you start twrp from PC's flashtool

But you could first install miflash xiaomi.eu, then update.

Reactions: Alex Oliveira
Thank you!! I managed to install the rom using the miflash program.
Portuguese Language on my phone. Nice. No chinese stuff. Nice.
Unpack the specific zip for use with MiFlash (MiFlash_xiaomi.eu_gemini_V7.2.13.0.MAACNDB_6.0.zip), select that folder in MiFlash tool with flash_all flag and DONE.
It is the easiest way really. It only took 132seconds to flash and 8 minutes to reboot.

So.. to complete the process I just need to update to the latest stable version (xiaomi.eu_multi_gemini_V7.3.4.0.MAACNDD_v7-6.0.zip). I put the zip in downloads folder (random choice), but there's an error when I tried that zip with the updater app, I guess I must use TWRP.
Do I have to wipe something (Wipe data, cache and dalvik/ART) or just use that Install button and point to zip?

Many Thanks,
Alex

Thank you!! I managed to install the rom using the miflash program.
Portuguese Language on my phone. Nice. No chinese stuff. Nice.
Unpack the specific zip for use with MiFlash (MiFlash_xiaomi.eu_gemini_V7.2.13.0.MAACNDB_6.0.zip), select that folder in MiFlash tool with flash_all flag and DONE.
It is the easiest way really. It only took 132seconds to flash and 8 minutes to reboot.

So.. to complete the process I just need to update to the latest stable version (xiaomi.eu_multi_gemini_V7.3.4.0.MAACNDD_v7-6.0.zip). I put the zip in downloads folder (random choice), but there's an error when I tried that zip with the updater app, I guess I must use TWRP.
Do I have to wipe something (Wipe data, cache and dalvik/ART) or just use that Install button and point to zip?

Many Thanks,
Alex
This is great you are with xiaomi.eu 7.2.13.
For your info I run it since 4weeks and will not update as it is super stable, no reboot, no bugs.

If you really want to update, I think you should put the zip at the root, and update from twrp, wipe cache and that s it.