Install Older Rom To Fix Battery Issues.

Tom Gladwin

Members
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys....I'm a complete rookie with all this stuff. I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to guide me through simply how to downgrade my ROM without any troubles!

Since the updater app has put me onto 9.2.1.0 stable my battery life has gone to s**t.

After reading some forums it seems installing the mm 8.1.6.0 ROM might be a good idea. I have never edited/rooted this phone. What steps do I need to take to install that older ROM and where can I download it from?

Thanks for anyone who is kind enoigh to give me advice rather than abuse me

Hi guys....I'm a complete rookie with all this stuff. I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to guide me through simply how to downgrade my ROM without any troubles!

Since the updater app has put me onto 9.2.1.0 stable my battery life has gone to s**t.

After reading some forums it seems installing the mm 8.1.6.0 ROM might be a good idea. I have never edited/rooted this phone. What steps do I need to take to install that older ROM and where can I download it from?

Thanks for anyone who is kind enoigh to give me advice rather than abuse me
I hope you have twrp installed.... Download the rom file you need to install...Boot to twrp, there will be wipe option.... Mark everything except internal storage and swipe.... Then click back, select install and find your rom zip... Click on it, swipe and wait.... After its done, there will be an option to cleae dalvik cache... Click it and swipe... Then click 'reboot system' and wait till the rom boots....
Easy once you get the idea

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

That's great thank you, I haven't installed twrp...how does one install twrp? Also I don't suppose you know the link to the Xiaomi EU stable 8.1.60 ROM. Thanks again.