Install the latest stable rom on my new Xiaomi Mi 9

daniel1995

Members
Jan 31, 2020
Hello :)

I'm new here and it's also my first Xiaomi, I don't understand much of this system ...

I have the MIUI Global 11.0.6 (QFAEUXM) stable on Mi 9 and I would like to change it to a better rom, but that it is also a stable version and without many problems.

What do I have to do to install a new rom on this Xiaomi Mi 9? Can you help me step by step? This is my first Xiaomi and Android phone.

Thanks, Best regards

Hello :)

I'm new here and it's also my first Xiaomi, I don't understand much of this system ...

I have the MIUI Global 11.0.6 (QFAEUXM) stable on Mi 9 and I would like to change it to a better rom, but that it is also a stable version and without many problems.

What do I have to do to install a new rom on this Xiaomi Mi 9? Can you help me step by step? This is my first Xiaomi and Android phone.

Thanks, Best regards
Hello
Easy way is to follow instruction well given first page of stable rom download!
Then If any issue, you are welcome back here.

Hello
Easy way is to follow instruction well given first page of stable rom download!
Then If any issue, you are welcome back here.

Thank you friend.

And all the other versions I find on this page (11.1, 11.2, etc) what is the difference for the stable 11.0?

best regards

Thank you friend.

And all the other versions I find on this page (11.1, 11.2, etc) what is the difference for the stable 11.0?

best regards
They are all number release. higher is the latest.
Don't forget to format data in twrp, this the most important point for flashing.

They are all number release. higher is the latest.
Don't forget to format data in twrp, this the most important point for flashing.

I understand, so can I install the latest version right away or is it better to go to MIUI 11.0 (which you said) stable first and then I will have direct updates on the equipment?

Thanks

I understand, so can I install the latest version right away or is it better to go to MIUI 11.0 (which you said) stable first and then I will have direct updates on the equipment?

Thanks
Your phone is MI9 so this the link for download latest stable EU rom.
Then you'll be notified for update, when released.

Hello again!

Is this rom the latest stable version? I am Portuguese from Portugal, do you already come with the Portuguese language?
And then when there are new updates, do I need to download manually or do I get it via OTA and install it automatically?

Thanks

Hello again!

Is this rom the latest stable version? I am Portuguese from Portugal, do you already come with the Portuguese language?
And then when there are new updates, do I need to download manually or do I get it via OTA and install it automatically?

Thanks
You'll be kind to read the first link I sent to you, everything is said and explained there:
Portugese: yes. twrp download and ALL needed instructions.
OTA: yes! you'll be notified for update, when released.
Use google translator for better understanding.
Have a nice day

You'll be kind to read the first link I sent to you, everything is said and explained there:
Portugese: yes. twrp download and ALL needed instructions.
OTA: yes! you'll be notified for update, when released.
Use google translator for better understanding.
Have a nice day

Good afternoon.
Yes, thank you friend.

I started by trying to BootLoader on Xiaomi Mi 9 and it never works.

On the computer it always gives the same error "not connected to the phone".
It looks like the phone is not found.

You got the advice to follow the instructions of post #1 of your select rom.
Follow them!
If you have a problem, describe it exactly. What did you do? When do you have an error etc?
"trying to BootlLoader" sounds strange to me.
Frankly you should learn some basics and stay on stock until you know a bit more about custom roms.
But its your device....

Reactions: LOLO9393
You got the advice to follow the instructions of post #1 of your select rom.
Follow them!
If you have a problem, describe it exactly. What did you do? When do you have an error etc?
"trying to BootlLoader" sounds strange to me.
Frankly you should learn some basics and stay on stock until you know a bit more about custom roms.
But its your device....

Hello. Yes, I'm new to Android and Xiaomi, I came from the IOS system :( In relation to the error I mentioned earlier, I used the Mi Unlock Tool application and at the end gave an error to say to try later in 150 hours.

I'm doing things well, starting with Unlock your first bootloader and then the rest that I saw in the rom post.

best regards

Hello. Yes, I'm new to Android and Xiaomi, I came from the IOS system :( In relation to the error I mentioned earlier, I used the Mi Unlock Tool application and at the end gave an error to say to try later in 150 hours.

I'm doing things well, starting with Unlock your first bootloader and then the rest that I saw in the rom post.

best regards
hello,
You are on the good way.
Now, you wait for 150 h and you will be allowed to unlock.
in the meantime use you phone normally and study about how to use TWRP rom.
Cheers

hello,
You are on the good way.
Now, you wait for 150 h and you will be allowed to unlock.
in the meantime use you phone normally and study about how to use TWRP rom.
Cheers

Thanks! So when that time is over I try again and it already works? I have used my cell phone yes, but I don't have a working card, only use Wifi, games, etc.

Are there no problems like that?

Thanks! So when that time is over I try again and it already works? I have used my cell phone yes, but I don't have a working card, only use Wifi, games, etc.

Are there no problems like that?
Yes, just redo the procedure when elapsed time. (you can check time to time the remaining doing the same)
Guys reporting extended waiting time didn't explain if it was sim related or not. (you see it at after 150 h)

Reactions: daniel1995
[QUOTE = "LOLO9393, postagem: 528487, membro: 135924"]
Sim, basta refazer o procedimento quando o tempo decorrido. (você pode verificar periodicamente o restante fazendo o mesmo)
Caras que relataram um tempo de espera prolongado não explicaram se era relacionado ao sim ou não. (você vê depois de 150 h)
[/CITAR]

Good evening :)

Yes, friend, I went to confirm and there are only 4 days left. It is a sign that everything is going well.

Thank you very much for the clarification, I am very grateful and I intend to learn more and better on this subject every day :)

Then, I will try to follow the correct steps as it says in the topic. I hope to be lucky and succeed :)