Install Xiaomi.eu In Mi4c, Bootloader Info!

Unxpect3d

Members
Jan 21, 2016
This is a help for those like me who had questions about bootloader in mi4c.
In my case i bought it in gearbest, it came with that strange version of miui 77.0.4.0, every phone that brings that strange version have unlocked bootloader, just install the developer rom 6.1.7 in en.miui.com, PLEASE INSTALL THIS ONE(6.1.7) , because the roms after already brings the bootloader locked.
Once you have the developer 6.1.7 installed, you just need to install TWRP, and then install the xiaomi.eu libra version for mi4c, that is much much better than any other roms, i am a portuguese user and i am pleased with it! My mi4c is much more smooth than with the original stable rom!
I hope this thread help those who want to install it and dont know if it is possible!
If your phone never had a stable china rom superior than 7.0.16 or the developer superior than 6.1.7, you can instal safely the twrp and the xiaomi.eu rom.

If your phone never had a stable china rom superior than 7.0.16 or the developer superior than 6.1.7, you can instal safely the twrp and the xiaomi.eu rom.
Hi, I have 7.1.16 stable official China rom on my device. Could you please explain a bit what's the trouble with this rom to install TWRP and Xiaomi.eu rom?

I'm thinking about changing to the .eu stable, but I don't want to loose my settings, I'm thinking in make a backup of the phone using miui backup tool, change the rom with a dalvik and cache wiping and then restore the backup.

I'm not sure if this will work fine or a full clean instalation is a must.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards from Zaragoza.

Enviado desde mi Mi-4c mediante Tapatalk

Hi, I have 7.1.16 stable official China rom on my device. Could you please explain a bit what's the trouble with this rom to install TWRP and Xiaomi.eu rom?

I'm thinking about changing to the .eu stable, but I don't want to loose my settings, I'm thinking in make a backup of the phone using miui backup tool, change the rom with a dalvik and cache wiping and then restore the backup.

I'm not sure if this will work fine or a full clean instalation is a must.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards from Zaragoza.

Hello, first advice is to download cpu-z from playstore and see if your bootloader says locked. Because i think your china stable rom is based on the developer 6.1.14, you must be sure of that before you do something, and sorry i dont have answer for that, i only know that the stable china 7.0.16 and the developer 6.1.7 is safe to install TWRP and the xiaomi.eu rom! After those i cant asure you!
Look something in en.miui.com about bootloader on mi4c.

The bootloader is not locked in the stable rom, only in the developer (by the moment) I can confirm that mine is not locked.

The bootloader is not locked in the stable rom, only in the developer (by the moment) I can confirm that mine is not locked.

Make a full back up with google account for sure after install the rom you can restore your data! I did the same! And it worked

Reactions: herculino
Im just waiting for mine to arrive from Gearbest... Thanks for the tip of getting CPU-Z to check if the bootloader is unlocked.