Tutorial Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix

You can't get Strong integrity on unlocked bootloader.
Thanks for the quick response @Kacper Skrzypek

Do the two green checks mean I can use GPay at the least, even with the device security warning message?

EDIT: Ignore me, I just researched and only BASIC & DEVICE Integrity are needed in most cases for GPay/Wallet.

Last edited:
I'm on the least rebuild for veuxg (poco x4 pro 5g) and erased all google apps suggested data. Rebooted and everything works, but the wallet. When i try to launch the app i get a notification by google play services: "please complete action required by Google Wallet". I click on it and it pop out "Google play services won't work till you give the following authorizations: SMS. I click on settings button and it show me all the google play services's services. No permissions to allow and i'm stuck there

I followed all the steps on the guide, and the wallet app worked fine on my mi11 ultra.
But I had problems with 2 bank apps that stopped working, even hidding magisk.
I removed the magisk but the apps only worked again after a new full flash and full reset.

I followed all the steps on the guide, and the wallet app worked fine on my mi11 ultra.
But I had problems with 2 bank apps that stopped working, even hidding magisk.
I removed the magisk but the apps only worked again after a new full flash and full reset.
Banking apps use various detection methods

Eg, try putting them to DenyList and reboot

Btw, you say you removed Magisk - you really did or you just removed Magisk app (Magisk app is not Magisk itself)

You could search for Magisk thread(s) on XDA and find more info there

Hi, I have installed the playintegrity fix. Somewhere on youtube i saw a video to hide all google services like google play store, google framework, google wallet, google payments etc. Do we need to hide these services in the deny list or the play integrity fix will take care of it ? Please advise.

all my banking apps, are notifying that the phone is rooted. So just select all the banking apps to the deny list right ? Will that be a one time activity or whenever we want to use them. Please advise.

Thank you

After installing the newest stable ROM and Patch to my Mi 11 Ultra, GPay luckily works again. BUT I miss a lot of notifications from several apps. Don't get any of them besides messanger apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. Anyone else having this issue?

First recognized it after GPay payment. There was no notification about the paid amount. Also didn't receive any pushs for new mails, sold eBay articles etc! Tried to re-grant permissions for notifications, also turned off battery saving mode for these apps and autostart is also enabled. All without success. What to do now?

Last edited:
Reactions: slowfasterROM
Hi, I have installed the playintegrity fix. Somewhere on youtube i saw a video to hide all google services like google play store, google framework, google wallet, google payments etc. Do we need to hide these services in the deny list or the play integrity fix will take care of it ? Please advise.

all my banking apps, are notifying that the phone is rooted. So just select all the banking apps to the deny list right ? Will that be a one time activity or whenever we want to use them. Please advise.

Thank you
Deny List is a one-time setting, If Magisk gets wiped (boot.img) from a ROM install, then you need to ROOT again and the Deny List should be configured already and become active.

Reactions: rohan555
After installing the newest stable ROM and Patch to my Mi 11 Ultra, GPay luckily works again. BUT I miss a lot of notifications from several apps. Don't get any of them besides messanger apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. Anyone else having this issue?

First recognized it after GPay payment. There was no notification about the paid amount. Also didn't receive any pushs for new mails, sold eBay articles etc! Tried to re-grant permissions for notifications, also turned off battery saving mode for these apps and autostart is also enabled. All without success. What to do now?
I dont think its because of that, as I have received one OTP from the banking app. Not sure though, lets wait from someone else. I just did this and yet to confirm. but thatnks for the update.

Hi, I have put all the banking apps in deny list and still I am unable to login to citi bank banking app. its saying my phone is jailbroken, but i cleared cache and cookies in the app and put citi app in the deny list. Do I need to do something else or uninstall and reinstall the citi app. Please advise how to resolve this issue ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Thank you for the guide! Google wallet seems to be working now on my Poco X3 NFC.

No issues so far with other apps.

Quick question, if I decide I want to go back to stock ROM and relock bootloader, do I need to unroot or anything or just the usual wipe + flash original ROM?

I am doing as per the tutorial page given below. but when i click on hide the magisk app, why is it not asking to change the name and instead i land in allow from this source on/off page, when i click on the hide magisk app. Please advises how to hide the app.

Go back to settings and select "Hide the Magisk app". It will generate the same Magisk app, but with new package name, so it won't be so easily detected by apps. Allow Magisk to install apps, then choose your name and accept. It was enough in my case, app started to work (although it doesn't allow to send a screenshot, so you must trust me in this case) :)

Thank you for the guide! Google wallet seems to be working now on my Poco X3 NFC.

No issues so far with other apps.

Quick question, if I decide I want to go back to stock ROM and relock bootloader, do I need to unroot or anything or just the usual wipe + flash original ROM?
I think using mi flash tool, clean and replace, with format option. I believe. saw some video.

Reactions: mangobento
when i click on hide magisk app, its not giving an option to rename, it says install from source on /off. what do I do ? please advise. thanks.

I have hidden the magisk app, added citibank to the deny list and still it detects. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the citibank app as well. any other advise please

Banking apps use various detection methods

Eg, try putting them to DenyList and reboot

Btw, you say you removed Magisk - you really did or you just removed Magisk app (Magisk app is not Magisk itself)

You could search for Magisk thread(s) on XDA and find more info there
I made a full install on fastboot mode, cleaning all the phone.

i m testing my phone and lot of issues with the banking apps man. some are working and some are saying its rooted. I have turned on the deny list and checked all the banking apps and still its the issue.

I think i need to switch to my standard official global rom. but I will loose all my settings and config. dont know what to do. its a bloddy hell google is creating now a days. How do the banking apps track the magisk. ..why are they detecting even after hiding magisk and added to the deny list ? is there any other apk to make the banking apps work ?

standard eu rom - google wallet wont work ( just google started blocking recently)
magisk and play integrity - banking apps wont work - google pay works.
official global rom - full of ads and bloatware, I think everything works. is this right ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Checked just now on Xiaomi 12, works (but 1. I don't use this device daily, checked only app launch, 2. I had to enable Enforce DenyList).
Thank you for tutorial. I have Xiaomi 12 S Ultra with last stable EU rom, but have no root, can I install Magisk and other steps for Play integrity fix without Root? Thank you

Thank you for tutorial. I have Xiaomi 12 S Ultra with last stable EU rom, but have no root, can I install Magisk and other steps for Play integrity fix without Root? Thank you
i dont think so, u need to root to make these work. but if u root, banking apps wont work. so u need to choose u want google wallet or banking apps.

No, I prefer 2 -nd, thank you
good decision. I regret now rooting. all my banking apps are blocked on the phone. google pay works :) . does anyone know, uninstall magisk, will make the banking app work or do i need to reinstall stable eu rom again ?

Can someone try to install a banking app (that recognizes root) in the second space? All my banking apps (5 pieces)
work for me without root detection

Last edited:
U need root, and for banking apps to work as well u need to add them to deny list, check all the boxes in that deny list for the specific app, and then clear data of the app. And done. It should work.

U need root, and for banking apps to work as well u need to add them to deny list, check all the boxes in that deny list for the specific app, and then clear data of the app. And done. It should work.
I tried that citibank and what ever I do, its detecting. I have hidden magisk, i have added to the deny list, rebooted, uninstall and reinstall app etc. may be different banks have different tracking mechanism to detect jailbroken phones, i heard that some banks check with 3rd party websites as well to track jb phones. not sure on that part, read it on some blogs.